This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He had a point...but was an arse about it

This is a recent one (Saturday to be exact) and I'm working. Its our busiest time of the day and all our tables are filled or waiting to be bussed. There's a queue at the door which nothing can really be done about right now, or there's a queue at the takeaway window, which I can deal with immediately. So I go do that, everyone is very understanding and I'd like to think I was very helpful (saving people money on meal deals, etc.) So just as I'm in the middle of the last customer's order I hear a shouty grunt from my side. There's an elderlyish guy waving his cane in my direction.

EG: When are we going to be seated? I've been standing here for ages! *Gestures with his cane*
    Me: I'm very sorry, we are working as quickly as possible to get everyone sorted but we do have a pretty full restaurant at the moment.
    EG: This is NOT the service I'd expect from a fast food place. I'm disgusted!
    Me: Like I said, I'm very sorry about the delay and as you can see everyone is working hard to get everyone served. We will be with you as soon as possible.

He was the only guy to complain....because, well, when you join a queue as its just reached the point where its snaking out of the door and into the car park...you know you have a wait ahead of you. Also, our lobby area has some seating he could have used. He was not dining alone and could have left his family to get the table and just walked in when they were seated.

The fact is our restaurant gets a reputation for being "fast food", when really its not. In fact, I think anywhere with table service can not really be regarded as fast food when everything's made fresh to order. I mean, yes, it is silly to have to wait for so long, but if you don't have the time/are not in a state to queue then go somewhere else or come back later when its quieter. I've seen big queues myself while out shopping/going to eat, but rather than stand there and suffer/complain I just mill about a bit longer.

Fast food???

I agree with you...anywhere you have to wait to be seated is not fast food in my opinion.

I always expect to wait a little while when I go to places like that.

But most times if we see a lot of cars in parking lot that's usually our clue (sounds like that guy needed to get a clue) that there's a wait in which case Hubby will hop out of the car, go ask the hostess how long the wait is and call me on the cell in the car to say come in if the wait's not very long (depending on how hungry we are) and if the wait's too long he'll just come back to the car and say let's pick another restaurant. Good system.

Comment

I totally agree. Any place with table service doesn't qualify as "Fast Food"... possibly "Quick Casual" for some places, especially ones that offer takeout, but not "Fast Food".
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Don't people realize that it's the other customers who are holding up the tables? I don't get why people get angry at the restaurant just because other customers won't friggn leave so they can eat. World revolves around only them I guess.
        When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
        X