Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just calling to see if you've had any problems.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just calling to see if you've had any problems.

Call me suspicious, call me paranoid, call me a cynical pessimist, but when *major nationwide cell phone provider* has one of their staff call and ask for 'the person that makes decisions' on our account I don't believe them when they deny it's a sales call. Supposedly the only reason they called was 'just to see if you've had any problems. We're doing this for every one of our customers.' Of course, they're going to 'call back later.' Too bad they called my direct line and will get me every time.

Has anyone ever heard of a major cell phone company calling every customer just to see if they've had any problems? It seems like that would be a money sucking black hole of a project if there ever was one.

Phising! Major phishing.

Comment

Not phishing, standard telecomunications sells. They call up asking for the person who makes the Desicions on the AT&T, Bell South, Whoever your local carrier is, or in your case cell service. Then they try and sell you the world. They suck and are a pain in the ass.

Not only do you have to be very careful what you say, they have been known to record you and then edit it out to make you sound as if you are approving to whatever change they are trying to get you to do.

I tend to get these on average once a week for the landlines here at the shop, never gotton one for cell service before.

Another way to know its a BS sales call. They ask for the person who makes the desicions regarding the account. If it truely was the company you use, or even a third party working for them they would ask for the account holder/agent by name.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Fortunately I live in a country where telemarketing calls are illegal. You get the occasional genius trying it, but they usually get shut down quickly enough.

If it truely was the company you use, or even a third party working for them they would ask for the account holder/agent by name.
        Good point. When they ask for the "decision maker", you could probably turn the question around on them - get them to authenticate themselves, as it were.

Or, if you're in a cynical mood, just say "that's me, and my decision is NO" - and hang up.

Comment

my first thought is phishing too. yeah it *might* have been a legit call... but ... i don't trust any stranger calling me who starts asking for account information.

and if i wanted to buy more products or service... i would do so, without waiting for them to call me during dinner.

:|

Comment

Working...
          X