This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope this guy is fired

I know that sounds like a really SC thing to say, but in this case I think it is right.

I was riding the train today, seemed like a normal ride (yeah, as if that will ever happen)... I didn't think too much when the driver started applying brakes while approaching a crossing... one of the gates must have been slow, no big deal... then he threw on the emergency brakes.

The driver came on the intercom and apologized about the sudden stop, but there was someone who looked like they were going to race the train and he couldn't take the chance. We get going again, and want to guess what we all were able to see at the crossing, with the crossing arm resting on top of it's hood? Anyyone?

Alright, I'll tell you, it was a SCHOOL BUS
    yes, the school bus driver tried to race the train

seriously, I don't think there were any kids on the bus, but that is a seriously bad habit for a bus driver to have.

I'm hoping the school district shows him the
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

That bus driver should not only be fired, but arrested. There are laws regarding schoolbuses and railroad crossings.
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth Andrew B. View Post
      That bus driver should not only be fired, but arrested. There are laws regarding schoolbuses and railroad crossings.
      Personally, I would hope the laws apply to *all* road traffic. But Passenger Carrying Vehicles should certainly be held to a higher standard of adherence than private cars.

Comment

Vehicle vs Train... hmmm I put my money on the train 100% of the time.

Comment

Fired?!!?!

If my kid was on the bus, they wouldn't FIND his sorry ass!!

Comment

Not only do I wish it were summer again for obvious reasons, but one of the reasons futher down the list is because of school being back in session meaning school busses all over in the morning.

I get off work at 7, stop at my parents', then go back to my place towards 8 or so. I encounter so many busses in my morning commute and on my way tanning and back. Some school bus drivers seriously need to be fired or at least evaluated on camera or something.

Just Tuesday morning, a school bus was at a stop sign about to turn right, and I was approaching, the bus did NOT have time to turn before I went through, yet did anyway, and I had to hit the brakes and slow way down just to accomodate it while the bus tootled and then whipped a very wide turn a few streets down.

That's not the first time that's happened, either.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Our public busses have hit two pedestrians at the same intersection this week. Not saying the pedestrians didn't have a hand in causing it, but good gracious.
              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                Me too. I mean, it's not like they can swerve.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                  The biggest vehicle ALWAYS gets right of way.
                  Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Actually, I think the bus at railroad crossing laws that smiley was referring to is the 'come to a complete stop & open the door to listen for a train even if the lights aren't flashing' thing. They have to do that around here, and there's one bus that follows a road that criss-crosses the track every 1/2 mile or so for 7 miles. I'm not sure what moron planned the road (or the track) that way, but it is just a total PITA to be stuck behind that schoolbus. I understand the why they do it, so I don't get upset with the driver, just the road planning.

The school bus driver in smiley's post though, should definitely get

Comment

Quoth daleduke17 View Post
                      The biggest vehicle ALWAYS gets right of way.
                      My dad once took a defensive driving course, in which the instructor said, "The car with the greatest performance gets right of way." True story.
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
                        Actually, I think the bus at railroad crossing laws that smiley was referring to is the 'come to a complete stop & open the door to listen for a train even if the lights aren't flashing' thing. They have to do that around here, and there's one bus that follows a road that criss-crosses the track every 1/2 mile or so for 7 miles. I'm not sure what moron planned the road (or the track) that way, but it is just a total PITA to be stuck behind that schoolbus. I understand the why they do it, so I don't get upset with the driver, just the road planning.
                        What I find funny is that they have to do that for ANY railroad track that goes across the road, even ones that haven't been used in 50 years. For example, there's a set of tracks that runs across the road that went to my old office building. On one side, the tracks have trees growing out of them, and only goes for about 50 feet before they end entirely. On the other side, the tracks only run for about 10 feet before ending entirely. I used to end up being behind a bus quite often, and it'd stop there every time.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
                          What I find funny is that they have to do that for ANY railroad track that goes across the road, even ones that haven't been used in 50 years. For example, there's a set of tracks that runs across the road that went to my old office building. On one side, the tracks have trees growing out of them, and only goes for about 50 feet before they end entirely. On the other side, the tracks only run for about 10 feet before ending entirely. I used to end up being behind a bus quite often, and it'd stop there every time.
                          yeah, that always confused me too... but the track this guy was crossing without doing the full stop, open the doors, look and listen is one that has 8 high speed transit trains an hour using it...the likelihood of there being a train coming is pretty good.
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Holy Crap.

I'm not one to think every little weird story needs to be in the newspapers, but I would seriously think about contacting one about this. I think parents of school age children deserve to know about idiot drivers like this who might be putting their kids at risk.

I mean, if one moron thinks he can race a train, what other traffic infractions are they causing?

Thankfully we had an awsome bus driver in High School who wouldn't even consider pulling anything like this.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
                              What I find funny is that they have to do that for ANY railroad track that goes across the road, even ones that haven't been used in 50 years.
                              We have one like that near home and the city has put up "TRACK NOT IN USE" signs on either side. The buses do not have to stop there. Seems a simple solution - change the law to say "unless not in use signs are erected" or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X