This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Center Hell

So, I recently moved. Since I moved, my phone has been hit with the usual list of telemarketers. I've told them all politely thanks, but no thanks, and to please remove me from their lists.

All except one group.

One group who has multiple call centers and multiple numbers.

They hit me with a machine telling me that it's my "last chance" to reduce my credit card debt (don't have any, but thanks), and that I should talk to them immediately. If I want to be removed, I can use their automated removal system and be removed from all of their call centers.

So I entered my number to be removed.

Two weeks later, and I'm STILL getting the calls. I used my phone to block one of the numbers, and another one just came in. I've tried to get to a live person to transfer me to a manager, but each time they either hang up on me or transfer me to the still-broken call removal machine! Calling them back does nothing but automatically shove me into the machine, so that's out the window too!

Call blocking doesn't work, because they've got too many phone numbers. What are my options? I'm dealing with enough stress from my new job as is, I don't need these jackasses adding to my irritation levels.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.

SG-14: Moving forward because everything behind is rigged to blow.

The solution is simple....

Quoth Hotfoot View Post
    They hit me with a machine telling me that it's my "last chance" to reduce my credit card debt (don't have any, but thanks), and that I should talk to them immediately.
    If you have no credit card debt, and they want to help you reduce it, then take them up on their offer. Since you're at $0, and let's say they reduce your debt $1000, then the credit card companies will owe you $1000, since your credit would be -$1000.

Comment

If you're in the United States, sign up for the Do Not Call Registry.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Then if they call you again, tell them you're on the Do Not Call list, and you'll now be calling Federal Trade Commission to report them, and they will subsequently be hit up for HUGE fines.

By the time you get "I'm on the Do Not Call..." they'll usually hang up on you.
      I work at Walgreens.

(I'm just tired of mentioning it every time I want to relate to a story. )

Comment

Quoth IEatCustomers4Breakfast View Post
        If you're in the United States, sign up for the Do Not Call Registry.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Then if they call you again, tell them you're on the Do Not Call list, and you'll now be calling Federal Trade Commission to report them, and they will subsequently be hit up for HUGE fines.

By the time you get "I'm on the Do Not Call..." they'll usually hang up on you.
        Also, if you're feeling like making some money, find out who they are and take them to small claims court. The FTC states that per call, they can be fined as well as owing punitive damages to the called individual, up to $500 per call. If you want, go to killthecalls.com to see how you can.

Comment

First step is get on that DNC list.

Then, if they still call you after being informed you're on it, find out who they are. If you have to string them along as a potential customer for a while, so be it. Tell them you're interested, but you don't want to deal with a random call from God-knows-who, so who are they? Where is this company registered? What is your assurance they're legit and safe to deal with?

That should give you enough info to be reporting them to whoever manages the DNC complaints.

Comment

Working...
          X