This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunk and Entitled

This is going around the news locally this morning.

Last night, just before rush hour, a bulldozer zigged when it should have zagged and cracked open an underground gas pipe. Neighborhood was evacuated, street closed, and barricades put up with big, flashing lights and warning signs. The whole nine yards while the gas company tried to repair the leak without blowing up the whole neighborhood.

So along comes our happy drunken idiot. He drives up to the barricades and honks. Police are amused right up to when he pulls around the barricades (reportedly flipping the bird at the barricades), and goes weaving up the street. Drunk and stupid then ends up running his car off the road and into a tree...50 feet from the leak! He then gets out of his car and, depending on reports, either tries or succeds in lighting up a smoke. At this point the police caught him and...er...detained him and put out the spark before he could take out the whole neighborhood. They are holding him on some basic charges while the prosecutor compiles a full list of charges. I imagine it will be a very long list.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Yikes.

Good thing for the people that lived there, that life did not imitate art in this instance. Drunks should only blow up neighborhoods in disaster movies!
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

ever sense that someone is trying to apply for a Darwin award?

Comment

I read this thread, then saw this:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	cs explode.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	2028845

It amused me.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Something like that happened when one of the bridges leading out of the city was under repair. They put barrels in front of it, but people were moving them and going over the bridge anyway. I think at least one person ended up getting their car stuck in a gap that was left when they started tearing the road up.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            ever sense that someone is trying to apply for a Darwin award?
            If he was only blowing himself up, that's one thing, but he would've taken out all those innocent police and gas workers as well. That goes from simply stupid to being an Asshole of the Highest Order.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Thing is I'm suprised the crash itself didn't ignite a pocket of gas, having recently dealt with a similar situation at work recently (is it some kind of convention or something...?) I couldn't hear myself knocking on doors over the roar of escaping gas...
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
              X