This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally saw an idiot worth sharing!

Being as I have no job, I haven't had much exposure to SCs. But today that has changed! I saw a SC in action!

My mom and I were going to Dairy Queen for delicious banana creme pie Blizzardy goodness. The DQ was pretty busy today, however, especially the drive-thru, and as we were driving around looking for a parking spot, I happened to look at the drive-thru in time to catch a SC in action.

The guy had just gotten his order and was starting to pull out, when he suddenly stopped right in the middle of the drive-thru, got out, and WENT INSIDE. Now, this wouldn't be so sucky, if he wasn't blocking everyone in the drive-thru. The person behind him was trapped at the window because the DQ has an awning thing at the window that only had space for one car at a time to go through.

I wasn't able to see the end result, but still it left me going

Quoth Ratha View Post
    he suddenly stopped right in the middle of the drive-thru, got out, and WENT INSIDE. Now, this wouldn't be so sucky,
    I would disagree for two reasons

1. Drive Thru's are subject to speed of service requirements, etc from the time the person is at the speaker to time they leave( this may differ though), so this jerk may make the store and service people look like they aren't doing their jobs properly.

2. Other customers may come up behind jerk's car and take their frustration out on the staff. Because it's always the staff's fault no matter what, remember?

Only acceptable reason for leaving car in drive thru? Accidents, including car breakdown, and even then they could push it out of the drive thru.

Just my two cents

Comment

Quoth kiwiwinelover View Post
      I would disagree for two reasons
      I'm not sure you read the entire post by OP, which basically covered why it was sucky in this instance, which is essentially the two points you brought up.

Comment

Quoth kiwiwinelover View Post
        Only acceptable reason for leaving car in drive thru? Accidents, including car breakdown, and even then they could push it out of the drive thru.
        In most cases, yeah...though a couple weeks ago my ball joint went on my car. Moving the car even an inch without a wrecker would damage the car more.
        DJ Particle

Comment

I hate it when people do that.... stop in the drive thru and go inside.

Mainly since no matter what the food is, it's already prepared and sitting (well, once you order it). So if it's hot, it's cooling -- and if it's cold, it's warming up (or melting). Rude people like that are causing problems for all the people who've ordered; and potentially costing the company money in losses for needing to remake foodstuff. With things like ice cream and french fries, every minute counts as they melt/cool pretty fast.

Comment

Working...
          X