This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein Irv cheeses off a parking space stalker

After work today, drove out of town to the mall on a mission for work pants (mission achieved successfully, not that you care.)

I arrived at the mall, parked, started walking through the lot to the mall--and realized I left my money in the glove compartment. So being as it was a rainy afternoon,I got to squish back to my car (wet pavement+birkenstocks=wet socks and jeans=not fun) to retrieve it.

As I opened up the passenger, I noticed an SUV sitting in the aisle whose driver was apparently waiting for me to leave. I hates parking lot stalkers. They suck. Especially when there was an open space about 2 or 3 spots downSo I decided to mess with the stalker.

I started rummaging around in the center console. Then I moved to under the seat and really started probing and digging for a few minutes. Finally, I opened up the glove compartment, rooted around in there for a bit, got out my money, put it in my wallet, climbed out of my car, shut the door and went on my merry way.

The SUV driver registered her displeasure with me by honking her horn and yelling something at me through the glass. Meanwhile those open spaces just down the aisle started filling up so she had to drive even further to park. Hahahahahahaha.

I know it was rainy and drizzly and all, but why do people think it acceptable to tie up traffic and burn up gas waiting for somebody who may or may not be leaving?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I love that, like its YOUR fault that you aren't leaving, and your space isn't going to magically open up! I love to play with people that way, if I am parked somewhere that's pretty crowded, and see someone watching me as I leave, I'll go down another aisle, let them follow me, and then cut through to the next row......I am evil, I know.

Comment

Um

I'm not sure I necessarrily agree that all parking space stalkers are bad. At my university, you pretty much have a 'license to hunt' with the parking permit. That is all the parking permit is - it does not guarantee a space at all. I have stalked, but not in a rude way, I give the parked car plenty of space(and all other traffic) to leave, and always wave and smile my thanks.

I can only see being a jerk to a parking space stalker if you are in an area that has alot of parking spaces spare, and they are just too lazy to walk the extra few metres to their destination.

If the stalker is rude to me when following me to my car, or waits too close nearby, I will be a and finish reading that week old magazine or check my reflection in my rear view. However if they are blocking other traffic I will move quickly so they don't have to suffer because of the PSS.

So I just treat parking space stalkers like I do my customers - if you are nice and polite, you will get me doing whatever I can to help - if you are a rude jerk, you will get my basic, as-trained service. Your choice
      Last edited by kiwiwinelover; 09-14-2008, 03:02 AM. Reason: Clarification :)

Comment

When my store had a kiosk at the local mall I sometimes had to work it. This was around Christmas so there were tons of stalkers like that. My favorite joke to play was this:

I walk out of mall and down the aisle of the parking lot. Immediately someone in a car starts driving behind me, nipping at my heels.

Halfway down the aisle I dart between the parked cars to the next aisle over, where my car is actually parked.

The look on their faces was inevitably hilarious. And I could always claim I didn't remember where I parked.

Yeah, it was wrong of me but I hate trying to back out when someone is right on top of me, making it harder.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

You're evil. And awesome.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          not that you care
          Oh, I care.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Perv

Comment

My friends and I would ride the bus to the mall during holiday season. Was great fun to split up on the way out, each pull our room keys, and act like we were heading for a car.

I don't mind people seeing me getting into my car and waiting. I mind being followed from the second I step off the curb.
              NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

During the holidays, I mess with PSS. I will walk down the wrong isles to get to my car. When I am a PSS, I am nice about it. If they get in the car I will of course leave plenty of room for them to back out and leave. Once a month back, I saw an older gentleman waiting for a car to leave. As soon as the car did, another vehicle pulled into that spot. I went to the older gentleman and complained with him. I also mentioned to the other people that someone was already waiting for that spot.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Back in my college days, I had one follow me into the mall parking lot so he could get my space as he left. Unfortunately for him, I didn't even own a car at the time. I'm sure he wasn't too happy when he followed me all the way to the end of the parking lot, only to see me keep walking.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I dont mind parking lot stalkers so much

but I DO mind when people honk because it takes me longer than 10 seconds to get in my car, belt up, start the damn thing and pull out

dont you honk at me you impatient fuck!

If people do that, I turn the car off and wait, and wait until they drive off
                    until I back out and the space is free again, it is MY parking space and I will take as long as I damn well please!
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

heh. that's why i usually parked at the back door of the mall when i was in va. except for the day after thanksgiving... there's *always* tons of parking there.

but... yeah if they start honking at you cos you don't pull out... well, o well. there's no law that say you have to get the car moving. Besides, just going to your car does NOT mean you're pulling out. Sometimes when when shopping with my parents, halfway through Dad will take the bags to the car and then come back inside.

Comment

Quoth kiwiwinelover View Post
                        Perv
                        Who? Me?

If so, yes...I have my moments.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          Sometimes when when shopping with my parents, halfway through Dad will take the bags to the car and then come back inside.
                          I'm sure I pissed off quite a few people that way myself. I remember doing my Christmas shopping at the mall, and eventually finding myself overloaded with bags and packages. I'd carry them outside, cross the parking lot, and find a car following me. Then he'd wait while I loaded up the trunk, only to see me close the trunk, turn around, and walk back inside to do some more shopping.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I know I made quite a few PSSs quite mad last holiday season. My daughter was only a few months old, and I would frequently load up my purchases in the trunk, then sit in the backseat and feed her before leaving. This would take 15-20 minutes.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

but I DO mind when people honk because it takes me longer than 10 seconds to get in my car, belt up, start the damn thing and pull out

!

If somebody did that to me, I'd sit there until I was eligible for a senior discount. I would sit there so long, grass would grow under my car and birds would nest in the roofrack. Civilizations would rise and fall, mountains would grow and erode into valleys. Glaciers would form and recede.

I'd be like Rip Van Freaking Winkle in that car.

Seriously.
                              Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 09-15-2008, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X