Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why make rules if you don't inforce them.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why make rules if you don't inforce them.

I watched this whole thing from my store in the hotel lobby. They recently replace all the hotel carpet and linens and such. They also wax the hotel lobby floors once a month,they are so pretty.Well the hotel manager made a new rule NO BICYCLES!!!! Basically I guess they were ripping and dirting up the carpet and they were messing up the waxed floor.Well walks in a guest and his wife with bicycles.The hotel girl (who has worked there for years) tells them that they have to take their bicylces outside and chained them up or put them in their car.
    And then he explodes:
    Jackass-Wheres your storage closet(bitch,bitch,bitch)
    Hotel girl- We don't have one.
    Jackass- WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!!!!
    hotel girl- Well I dunno.
    Jackass- WHERES YOUR FUCKING MANAGER!!!!!!!

The manager comes out and of course caves to the jackass.But what made me feel bad for the hotel girl was I heard the manager appolizes for the her. What the fuck,don't make rules and then don't enforce them when somone cusses and yells. And of course I'm sitting outside later that day and the jackass gets off his bike after riding it and takes it inside the hotel.The kicker was it had been raining real hard that day,so those tires are really dirty.So much for that new carpet and freshly waxed floors. I don't understand why don't people call ahead and ask about things like pets and bicycles.

because all managers have their spines surgically removed before being promoted (which is why I'm happy to only be ACTING manager on duty which has most of the responsibility and authority, while still having the ability to pawn off onto someone else if needed that and they left me my spine)
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

A lot of places really don't have cycle facilities - or if they do, they're not actually what cyclists need. There are of course exceptions, but you either have to be in the right country, or you look very hard to find them.

Even so, if there are racks or railings outside, the staff can suggest those as an alternative to bringing them in.

Comment

So, some idiot screams and curses and is rewarded for his behavior. Why should anyone be courteous when screaming and cursing a blue streak gets what they want?
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Although I dont like it because I personally think it creates even more SC behaviour, sometimes a situation calls for a manager to "bend" a policy just to difuse the situation.

BUT

They should NEVER EVER make it out like the employee who is following poilcy is wrong for enforcing it to the customer, if anything they should explicitly state that the employee was in the RIGHT for enforcing policy and that it is the manager who is bending the rules.

Holy crap that makes me seethe
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
          X