This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is it about the route 39

Two things that struck me today... I found out that UTA, in it's ultimate brilliance decided that a 60 second window between when the 39 westbound is scheduled to come into the TRAX station and when the southbound train pulls in should be adequate (and here I always thought that the bus was just running really late... nope that's how it's scheduled)... now to give you an idea of just how stupid that is, route 39 westbound starts it's journey as a 45 "to Wasatch blvd" leaving murray north, it goes all the way up 4500south, turns north on Wasatch Blvd, turns west on 3900 south, at which point the driver changes the sign to "39 to 900 west", and makes their way west on 3900 south too 900 west, stopping at Meadowbrook... now, I'd like to point out, getting into Meadowbrook within 60 seconds of schedule is a MIRACLE considering how long the route is.
    Second, Route 39 does not go west of 900 west, the fricking sign board on the front of the bus says "39- to 900 west", the route maps all show 39 only going as far west as 900 west... why in God's name do I at least once a week hear someone on the bus saying "oh we don't have to get off here (referring to Meadowbrook), this bus goes all the way to Redwood (which btw, for those keeping track would be 1700 west if it was a numbered street)" or worse "this bus goes all the way to 5600 west"...

ETA- not UTA related, but suck that happened today not long enough to justify it's own post
    Let me let you into a secret, late model Buick in front of me on my way back from Albertsons, the proper speed on 4500 south is around 40, not 25-30, also if you must slow down to a complete stop at any point to turn right onto Gordon Ln off of 4500 south, you have a MAJOR problem... it's only a 45degree turn oh and speaking of Gordon Ln, and appropriate speed would be approx 30 NOT 15... oh and if a speed bump is marked for 20mph... it is a shallow enough bump that you don't have to come to a complete stop and crawl over it!!!!! Why do I always get stuck behind these idiots
    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 09-29-2008, 07:31 PM.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

You know, I'm beginning to think I love you... haha

When I was out in the field for work, I got stuck behind the same woman when I was in the police cruiser...

Needless to say, the FTO was not happy, especially since we had to get to Spring Meadows, and she was blocking the way.
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

wait, you were in a cruiser... and you didn't find an excuse to pull her over...

I was hoping you could find a way to make sure that I never got stuck behind that lady ever again (the whole point of using Gordon Ln is as a shortcut... which is made useless when Late Model Buick Lady is in front of me driving like she has her head up her ass).

Comment

Unfortunately, there wasn't enough traffic for her to be considered a real traffic hazard, so there was nothing we could do...

We did hit the lights and decide to blow by her, though... so that was fun...

Also, can I just say it's REALLY fun to go down Highland Dr doing 80 mph?
        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post

Also, can I just say it's REALLY fun to go down Highland Dr doing 80 mph?
          I'll have to try that one of these days... do you think that you can call all the cops away from Highland for a few hours one of these days

ok, so I wouldn't so blatantly break the law

Comment

Working...
          X