This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not in love with the Arby's boy...

I rather wish I knew the story behind this.

Yesterday, to celebrate the fact that I had a nice, big healthy salad for supper, I decided to stop in at Arby's on my way to work and blow any health gains I might have made all to hell by getting some dessert. I got my chocolate turnover and my jamocha shake, went and sat down, and was eating and reading a book when two girls, a guy, and an older lady sat down at a nearby table.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the older lady was the mother of the two teenage girls, and the guy was one of the girls' boyfriends. The woman had that wretched look about her that made you think she realized what a failure she'd been as a mother, and what godawful people she'd raised and let loose on society, and that she was just hoping they'd get through a meal in public without one of the girls threatening to cut a bitch. The girls were your typical "bad girl" trailer park queens, one dressed in pink and the other in turquoise, wearing matching tank tops and big hoop earrings. The guy was just another redneck.

The girl in turquoise was going on loudly and at length about how she wasn't "going to date some faggot that works at Arby's." I'm guessing that maybe the guy at the counter smiled at her or something. The wretched woman asked in a very tired voice for the girl to not be so loud.

"I don't give a shit," said Turquoise, "I'll say it as loud as I want. I ain't gonna date some faggot that works at the fuckin' Arby's."

And of course not. Who would expect her to? That would be beneath her. Besides, the real money is to be made in meth, and if you're smart, you'll choose a meth dealer every time. Not some guy who works at the Arby's.

"At least it's a job," said the redneck.

"Ain't no job," replied Turquoise with a snort, and then she yelled it again, "I AIN'T GONNA DATE SOME FAGGOT THAT WORKS AT ARBY'S!"

The wretched woman sighed. Pink thought it was funny. The redneck was quiet.

I finished my dessert. I could tell that Turquoise had things to say about other people too. She kept looking at me and rolling her eyes. I guess it was the CSI tee shirt, or maybe my crime-scene tape messenger bag that offended her, but I got the feeling that I wouldn't be the kind of guy she'd date either. Maybe if I wore one of those coats that makes you look like the Michelin man, or if I was wearing one of those really classy marijuana-leaf bling necklaces the size of a hubcap, or if I had a pimped out '85 Oldsmobile waiting in the parking lot or something... Just sort of got the feeling that's what she'd go for.

My loss? Nah...
    Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 10-07-2008, 01:43 AM.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

So, she wasnt thinking Arbys?

Odd..Very odd.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
      Besides, the real money is to be made in meth, and if you're smart, you'll choose a meth dealer every time. Not some guy who works at the Arby's.
      How true. I plan my next significant other to be some tweaker chick covered in sores and having this strange need to take all my stuff apart.

Hee hee, you're funny.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Where did you get a crime scene messenger bag? I want one.

Of course a meth dealer would be a better choice! Meth mouth is just so sex-ay. Oh and they know chemistry. Well only the chemistry of making meth, but still, that's a money make skill!
        The worst is not,
        So long as we can say, 'This is the worst.' (King Lear IV.1)

Comment

sounds like the arby's guy needs a hug

yeah, that nice little example of why birth control is needed needs a lesson on reality, any job that pays the bills is a real job and every person is deserving of respect.
          Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 10-06-2008, 12:32 AM.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

How about someone who works at Mickey D's?....lol.

Comment

I must be weird, my first thought would be to go hug the poor guy behind the counter. What could Turquoise have possibly seen that clocked him gay? Not that it matters, of course.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I'd say the same thing.. that poor Arby's guy! It's a real job, and after working that for a while, I never want to do it again! I admire the people who can handle it for more than a year.
                Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                  I admire the people who can handle it for more than a year.
                  why thank you

<= worked at carl's jr. for 19 months

Comment

Heh, I worked a KFC/Taco Bell for 6 months before I quit... though I prolly could've stuck it out, I didn't like doing the closing manager's duties at 16.. (all of em, paperwork and everything... my manager would just put his initials on it at the very end)

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      What could Turquoise have possibly seen that clocked him gay?
                      Probably absolutely nothing. There's a certain type of person, especially the class of person this kind of cheap, vulgar, self-important, air-headed tart hangs out with, that will use homophobic insults because they haven't the brainpower to spare from breathing and standing upright to think of anything better.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                        Probably absolutely nothing. There's a certain type of person, especially the class of person this kind of cheap, vulgar, self-important, air-headed tart hangs out with, that will use homophobic insults because they haven't the brainpower to spare from breathing and standing upright to think of anything better.
                        I have to agree with JustADude... and what's funny is most likely this upstanding citizen probably wouldn't recognize a real gay person if he were hitting on her boyfriend

Though I like my answer for when guys just randomly decide someone is gay for no reason... that is "wishful thinking" (just try saying that line to a homophobe... they'll find it oh soo amusing)

Comment

Oh Smiley.... you're so gay...

"Wishful thinking", eh?

I do agree though that there are a number of reasons that anyone would just peg that card on people, but most come with the pre-requisite of "Incredible cerebral damage"
                          Last edited by Fenrus; 10-06-2008, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                            The woman had that wretched look about her that made you think she realized what a failure she'd been as a mother, and what godawful people she'd raised and let loose on society, and that she was just hoping they'd get through a meal in public without one of the girls threatening to cut a bitch.
                            Quoth Fenrus View Post
                            I do agree though that there are a number of reasons that anyone would just peg that card on people, but most come with the pre-requisite of "Incredible cerebral damage"
                            Maybe the mom accidentally dropped her child(ren) on her/their head.

SC
                            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
                              Oh Smiley.... you're so gay... :P
                              i seem to get that a lot recently

Comment

Working...
                              X