This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so much an SC, but idiocy on the shop

A few weeks ago, I stopped at a local "Dairy Bar" for an ice cream cone. They only have Vanilla, Chocolate and a "flavor of the week" which is usually very good! They also have a Dairy-Queen-esque menu as well.

So the flavor of the week was Blackberry. The lady in front of me (who was apparently visiting her daughter at school) asked if she could sample the blackberry, to which the girl behind the counter said no, but she could get her money back if she didn't like it. So the lady orders a double-cone of it, and takes it. As i'm ordering, the lady from in front of me interrupts me and comes back to the window and asks for a refund, to which she gets.

I didn't suggest it, but maybe they should offer a free taste of flavors, or just have a no-refunds policy. What do you all think?

Also it's good to be back, expect more posts soon!

Free tastes would be better; that way there's no waste of ice cream. I mean, look, the lady behind hte counter basically threw the ice cream away y giving it to someone who didn't like and it refunded their money.

It would have been more time effective to just take the two scopps and dump them into the trash.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I bet there is less financial loss refunding money than giving out samples

at least the person put money forward and " bought " something

I used to give out samples of soup at the deli , it does not take long to get a following of samplers who come in every day and just sample the soups, the last straw was a guy who was sampling everyday who told me " boy that potato soup is sooogooood but I would never buy soup my mom makes soup once a week so I go to her house and get it for free" I wanted to say why do you not go back to mammas house right now asshat and quit making me wait on your fee loading ass? instead we magically ran out of sample cups and I have not reordered them, no the the little cups you can see are for dip only we are out of sample cups

usually people who want things just buy them ,people who sample just aren't sure and are usually sucky and the sale takes forever
      if i sell soup to a actual customer and they do not like it I would gladly get them a different kind or their money back at that point they are customers

Comment

I worked at a custard stand for 6 years with a simpler set-up to this place (chocolate, vanilla, and a flavor of the day). We always offered samples and honestly, never found anyone abusing the system. We had special sample spoon which were barely the size of a teaspoon. Sure, sometimes I whipped out a big spoon and attempted to fit as much custard as I could on there, but that was only for me and a few of my friends that would stop up there. I really don't think the sample effected the sales.

Comment

We have Penguins in Town and they have wonderful frozen yogurt. They have a rotating flavor schedule, and they gladly hand out samples of the new flavors.
          I am thinking people were abusing the samples and a new policy is born.

For the record, Toasted marshmallow, awesome. Taro, not so much, but my GF loves it. There's no accounting for tase, she is with me after all.
          I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
          -The Amazing E
          Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Any chance I can get the recipe for the Blackberry Ice cream/Custard?

I love custard but can never find it in stores.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
            X