This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is over... move along

I have to say it: the pres race is over get over it and stop complaining as my head is going to explode from all the stupidity I've heard starting the day after!

(intentionally left detail blank to not get into a rant)

/me goes to raid my cousins bar
    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Oddly enough I haven't heard a single thing from the people around me. Up to Nov 3rd I heard everything under the sun. Day after, nothing.

It's weird.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I got a rant from the ex (diehard McCain supporter, and he understood even less about everything than Palin does) on my machine. I'm not responding to that...refusing to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent and all that. Besides that, I haven't heard much negative stuff.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

sadly, I must admit, that for the last several days it's been fun to call my mother and remind her that the world isn't burning yet but yeah, seriously, it's over, it doesn't matter how you feel about the outcome, it aint changing (well for congress and ballot initiatives it can change in two years and for pres it can change in 4, but that's beside the point)
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I have seen a lot of hostility on several forums.

As a foreigner, I dared to make an observation about the reaction in my little corner of Tokyo and was slammed - insultd, labeled everything under the sun etc...

Comment

I think I managed to offend my ex-girlfriend with my cynicism over the elections. In all fairness, she knew we had differing political opinions, yet decided to ask me my thoughts on the results anyway.

I suppose I should have gone with the answer that came to mind first. In the future, when someone asks me "What do you think of the election results?" my answer will be "Well, they're election results for sure."

(If you want to know more about the conversation I had that offended her, PM me. I don't want to turn this thread into a political argument.)
            Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

StinkyCow was complaining about who won, two days after the election. It turns out she didn't have the first clue about where the guy she voted for stood on the issues, only that he belonged to the party she is registered with, so that was enough for her.

The whole thing gave me a headache, or it could have just been the gallon of perfume she was wearing.
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

The stupid was strong on both sides of the ideological divide.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                  StinkyCow was complaining about who won, two days after the election. It turns out she didn't have the first clue about where the guy she voted for stood on the issues, only that he belonged to the party she is registered with, so that was enough for her.
                  Sounds like StinkyCow is the grown-older (NOT grown-up) version of the child in the joke:

Child: My grandpa was party X, my daddy is party X, so I'm party X
                  Teacher: If your grandpa were an idiot and your daddy were an idiot, what would that make you?
                  Child: Party Y

Note: I'm assuming U.S. politics, and my use of "party X" and "party Y" instead of names is deliberate in order to avoid taking sides (besides, I've heard both versions of the joke).
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Oh it hit a great point on the talk radio I listen to, host actually yelled for a caller to get off his phone. It was.. amazing, and scary at the same time LOL.
                    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

I haven't heard too much post-election, except a coworker who rants everyday about the outcome (and he voted for Obama.....but wishes he went 3rd party)

He's very educated, but everyday, seems like every hour, I just tuned him out now
                      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                      X