This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow..sightings even at the library

After work yesterday I stopped by the local library to return a book. I called my SO on my cell and I was parked in front of the library doors. As we talked, I saw at least 5 people walk up to the doors, pull on it, look in, pull on the door some more then walk away defeated. The library closes early on Fridays.

But the best was when I'd finished my call and got out to return my book. There were a couple of people pulling on the doors, peering in and cursing. One of them turned to me and it started. The guy didn't give me a good vibe either.

Me: Who else?
    Idiot Patron (IP): duh

IP: Why isn't the library open?
    Me: Because it's Friday? They close early on the weekends.
    IP: But it's not the weekend! It's only Friday! *IP starts following me like a puppy dog, so I reach into my purse for my cell as well as my keys*
    Me: *as I'm walking to my car* Well some people consider Friday the start of the weekend.
    IP: What's that supposed to mean? That's not fair! I have a paper due Monday! Waaaaaah!
    Me: *as I'm getting into my car* Well, it is open at 9am tomorrow. Perhaps you can come then? *I get into my car, lock my door and ignore the rest of his ranting*

Seriously. How hard is it to call up the website and check the hours before coming over?
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Pulling up the website would require having a computer, which the Idiot may or may not have since I gather he was at the library to type up a paper. However, every library I've seen--and most other businesses for that matter--has the hours listed on the front door. But then we know SCs don't read signs.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

If I recall, there are at least three people who work at a library on this site that have great stories of library patrons.

So, yup. SCs even at the library.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
        Pulling up the website would require having a computer, which the Idiot may or may not have since I gather he was at the library to type up a paper. However, every library I've seen--and most other businesses for that matter--has the hours listed on the front door. But then we know SCs don't read signs.
        While I will not disagree with your statement, I suppose it might have been too much to ask to look up the number in a phone book and call. There aren't any schools in the area - it's all business. The closest homes are about 2-3 miles away, and the closest university/colleges are well over 10 miles away. And this person definitely looked like he was not in high school. I doubt they allow people with scraggly beards in high school unless the dress codes have changed.

But then again, we're dealing with an SC, so yeah..
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Now this doesn't happen on every shift, but at least once a week someone will ask us when we close. The hours are on the door, they only change for winter breaks when students go home. Seriously, it's been the same hours during term time for years now.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Who the hell does homework on Friday, anyway?
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Someone who has a term paper due Monday, which he likely knew he had coming for months but wanted to wait to finish until the last minute.
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I believe BE may have been referring to the last minute panic setting in and assignments being done on Sunday evening, not Friday.

You think Friday is last minute? That's so sweet.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                  I believe BE may have been referring to the last minute panic setting in and assignments being done on Sunday evening, not Friday.

You think Friday is last minute? That's so sweet.
                  Excuse me, I meant START it at the last minute. Don't know what I was thinking there.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    Me, or at least I'm supposed to, I keep getting distracted.
                    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

And this, friends, is one of many reasons why my papers are always finished a week in advance.
                      That and I like to send them to my professors before hand to get feedback on anything that could use changing. They're awesome like that.

Comment

Seriously. How hard is it to call up the website and check the hours before coming over?
                        better yet... how hard is it to start the paper sooner? It was due on monday but i doubt it was assigned on that friday.

his own fault for dragging his heels, waaah freaking waaah

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                          IP: What's that supposed to mean? That's not fair! I have a paper due Monday! Waaaaaah!

All together now: "Lack of planning on your part....."

Comment

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post
                            All together now: "Lack of planning on your part....."
                            "...makes me want to shoot your face."

Yeah, yeah. But I like that ending better.

Comment

Working...
                            X