Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I forgot! I got stared at too! (This happened about 4 weeks ago)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot! I got stared at too! (This happened about 4 weeks ago)

Hey! I'm in spiffy company. I forgot to tell this on the boards until I was reminded of the incident while at the store where I was stared at.

It was at Borders Bookstore near my house. I went there with Mr. Rum and Child Rum. I wandered into the bathroom, wandered back out and couldn't find Rum 1 and Rum 2. So I go to the magazine area knowing there'd be 2 magazines to buy (1 for me and one for Mr. Rum).

I pick up my magazine (a cross-stitch one that's published in Britain and it came with a 2009 calendar with cute cross-stitch patterns I can do! YAY!) Then I got to one of the other magazine areas to pick up the magazine Mr. Rum wanted. (FTR, it is Penthouse Letters). There were 2 gentlemen looking at the magazines as I walked between them, paused, plucked the mag I wanted off the shelf & flounced off. One of the guys was like "Whoa!" and grinned at me.

When I flounced off, I noticed Mr. Rum with Child Rum and they had a drink and a brownie he had bought for her. We found a spot between 2 little old ladies at one table & a guy who had books all around him at another table. I sat down with Child Rum & set up her brownie and fork for her to eat it. Then I showed hubs what I had picked up already. The little old ladies looked out of the corner of their eyes, but didn't say anything. The guy (who was about 5 years younger - maybe? - than me) watched what I was showing and then his attention when he saw the Penthouse Letters. I noticed it, but didn't think anything by it as I had said (out loud) "Look at this Cross-Stitch Magazine! It has a calendar! I'm excited! They have a Domestic Goddess picture I can do! hehehee. Oh yeah, I picked this up for you." Thus showing off the Penthouse Letter mag for him.

The guy looked and looked and then eyed me. Looked at Child Rum. Got up, wandered to the magazine rack where that magazine was, I was sitting in such a way that I could see that rack and see him go over there. He stood there looking at the magazines. Then he glared/stared at me. Then looked at the mags again.

Fortunately by this time, Child Rum was done with her brownie so we got up and went to find Mr. Rum.

But that was my staring at story.

You're a nice wife.

That guy was creepy.

I'm kinda surprised they have those mags out on the shelf. At B&N (at least the ones near me) they keep them behind the cashwrap.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I try to be a nice wife. I've even told him he can get a subscription to it! He says he doesn't want to 'cos he likes seeing strange men stare at his wife as she gets it off the shelf.

Usually, if the magazines have a very tantalizing cover, they're wrapped in plastic with the "interesting stuff" covered in black.

As long as I get my cross-stitch mag, he gets his PL mag.

Comment

Once...a long long time ago...

My husband went and bought me a Playgirl Mag (for my birthday!! LMAO) while I laughed hysterically at him, from outside the store....since I didnt enter the store it looked like he was buying it for himself. The looks he got were special....

The adult mags in my local Borders are kept in the open, but wrapped in the black plastic like Rum said.

Comment

Working...
        X