Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My families did not fight at the two world wars per se, but we lost many familiars (over 16) to concentration camps.

My Vasque family did also fight against the Moor invasion for which they where given a coat of arms by the king.
    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Lord Knows the EW SC's could stand to SHUT UP for 60 measley seconds.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
        I have a very personal connection to WWII - my dad was a tail-gunner in a Lancaster Bomber at the same age as when I was looking for the latest bar to go to.
        My father's father was a gunnery instructor... where did your dad train?

My mother's father was with the British Army Medical Corps during WWII. He spent most of the war in Africa - where he met my grandmother, who was an Army nurse - but what none of the family knew, until very shortly before he passed away, was that Grampa had been in the D-Day landings. As a medic.

He was unable to speak of what he saw there for nearly fifty years. I still cannot attend any Remembrance Day observances without losing my composure completely, because my gentle, intelligent, and funny grandfather spent fifty years in unspeakable pain (we now understand that he suffered from PTSD).

I'm working tomorrow but we don't open till 12.

Comment

As well as my mother's side connection, I'm fairly sure my paternal grandfather served in both world wars. He was a bit on the old side by the end of the second one - but he survived pretty well. He was well into his 50s when my dad was born, and he lived to 95 years old.

But I don't have much idea of what he did.

Comment

Working...
          X