This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind your own darn business, tutty!

Two sightings; one person. XD I went to a book store due to the fact that I didn't have anything to read, which really gets on my nerves. -.- Behind me in the queue as I went to pay for my purchases is a tutting woman; she's basically acting as tho every single second she's waiting for me to go thru the till is a second wasted. She tuts, she sighs, she taps her foot, she mutters under her breath, "Hurry up! I haven't got all day!", prompting me to therefore take as long as I possibly can.

I thought that, after I'd left the shop, that was the last I'd see of her; no chance. Not only is she tutty, she's also nosy. As soon as I was outside, I took out my fags and lit one up. Tutty then appears behind me, having obviously rushed thru her paying at the speed of light, to tell me that cigarettes are bad for me. I reply, "None of your bloody business," and walk away, to leave her standing there gasping in shock about my rudeness.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Good one on you! My favorite thing we non-smokers say to smokers is, "It's bad for you." Get another line!!!! lol
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

you know... as much as I think that smoking is unhealthy, a filthy habit, and a waste of money, unless you are my spouse or my child (neither of which do I have) or at the very least a close friend who has asked my opinion, it's not my business or my problem that you are smoking. I assume you are an informed adult, know the risks, and have made a decision.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Smoking is bad for you? Really?!!! Wow! That news never reached the cave I've been living in! Thank you SOOOOO much for telling me!!!
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Sheldonrs, that is very close to what I say when some busybody decided to walk all the way over to where I am to tell me how bad it is for me.
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I know I don't look like a very smart person, but why in the world do people insist on telling me it's bad for me? Do I really look that stupid? No, I never knew that....thanks for letting me know. By the way, your fly is down, you have a boogie hanging out of your nose, and I can see your asscrack. Now kindly screw off, please.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

You could always let her know how dangerous it is to confront strangers.

I smack down early in her life would have probably cured her of her need to lecture everyone around her.
              I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
              -The Amazing E
              Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
                Good one on you! My favorite thing we non-smokers say to smokers is, "It's bad for you." Get another line!!!! lol
                I have.

Me to my husband. "It distresses me to see you smoking. I want to live a long time with you."

If those words aren't true - if I don't want to grow old with the smoker - then what the smoker does is not my business.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Intruder: "Smoking kills, you know."
                  Me: "Maybe I'm doing the world a favor."

Intruder: "Smoking's bad for you."
                  Me: *looks at cigarette in shock* "HOW'D THIS GET HERE?!" *continues smoking*
                  Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    Tutty then appears...to tell me that cigarettes are bad for me.
                    come on now Lace thats when you take a long drag, blow it in her face and say in a seductive voice

"Perfect because Im a BAD BAD girl"
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I'll remember that if Tutty ever does that again. XD Honestly, I know they're bad for me. I also know that eating tons of chocolate, drinking to excess and adding salt to food is bad for me, but I'm not about to quit any of those just cuz some random stranger tells me so. XD
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        I'll remember that if Tutty ever does that again. XD Honestly, I know they're bad for me. I also know that eating tons of chocolate, drinking to excess and adding salt to food is bad for me, but I'm not about to quit any of those just cuz some random stranger tells me so. XD
                        You only live once, might as well be happy.
                        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

"Bad for you? I thought they had Vitamin C in them and sh*t!"

Sorry... couldn't resist...
                          Last edited by WageSlaveofDoom; 11-13-2008, 07:49 PM. Reason: spacial issues

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                            I know I don't look like a very smart person, but why in the world do people insist on telling me it's bad for me? Do I really look that stupid? No, I never knew that....thanks for letting me know. By the way, your fly is down, you have a boogie hanging out of your nose, and I can see your asscrack. Now kindly screw off, please.
                            Same kind of person who tells someone overweight, "You know, if you lost some weight, you could be really attractive." Or, just, "You know, you REALLY SHOULD lose some weight."
                            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                            HR believes the first person in the door
                            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                            Document everything
                            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth WageSlaveofDoom View Post
                              "Bad for you? I thought they had Vitamin C in them and sh*t!"

Sorry... couldn't resist...
                              Dr. Denis Leary. Author of his new self-help book, "Shut The Fuck Up."

I don't smoke, but I've written characters here and there that smoke and deal with nosy tutties like that.

NT: "You know, those things'll kill you."
                              Smoker: "Lotta things can kill me."

NT: "Those things are bad for you."
                              Smoker: "Well, they can take a number."

NT: "Those things can kill you."
                              Smoker: "Ain't killed me yet."
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X