This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    Clearly someone is beating us to it. We must find them and juice them for they must be saturated with Rummy Goodness by now.
    Would you roll the young lady down to the juicing room at once, please?
    Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth wanderingjoe72 View Post
      You could always let her know how dangerous it is to confront strangers.

I smack down early in her life would have probably cured her of her need to lecture everyone around her.
      Especially when they're stressed out because of rude bastards interrupting them having a smoke.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I have never smoked and hate it as a habit. The only person who I have even a vague right to nag not to smoke is the boy (who stopped) and my dad (who hasn't.)

The closest I get to tutting at my friends is refusing to buy any for them.

Why do people always think that they have a right to make comment on other peoples lifestyle choices? If they are legally allowed to make the choice, leave them alone.
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

The response I love giving people who tell me smoking is bad for my health is, "So is sticking your face in other people's business."
          If I'm feeling particularly asshole-ish nd have someone tell me something like, "Smoking causes cancer," I'll pull out my pack, stare at the warning (regardless as to whether or not it has a cancer warning) and say, "Holy shit! You're right! Why didn't anyone ever tell me this before? How long have they been hiding this?" And, if someone is with me, "Did you know about this? How long has this been going on?" aaaaand so on until the nosey bugger gets the hint and walks away.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            Why is the rum always gone?

*sings*

I drink a rum in the morning
            I drink a rum at night
            I drink a rum in the afternoon
            It makes me feel alright
            I drink a rum in times of peace
            And 2 in times of war
            I drink a rum before I drink rum
            And then I drink some more!

Ahem ... Well, yes ... Aha! That is why I'm know as Rummy the Wonder Rum ...

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
              Sheldonrs, that is very close to what I say when some busybody decided to walk all the way over to where I am to tell me how bad it is for me.
              I just about had to call the manager on one jackass a few years ago. I was having lunch at the Pizza Hut and, out of the blue, this guy walks over from the OPPOSITE side of the restaurant to tell me he didn't like my cigarette smoke.

Now, I KNOW which side is the smoking section. I -9 times out of 10 when I would be in there - I had the same booth. I told him point blank he didn't need to be over in the smoking section if it bothered him and to go back to his seat.

He wouldn't shut up . . . kept yammering on and on and I yelled over him still to get the HELL AWAY FROM ME AND LEAVE.

One of the guys came out from the kitchen and asked what was going on and I explained to them - all the while the jackass was still yammering about me being rude to him.

Employee didn't buy it for a minute . . . . jackass was told to leave or the cops would be called.

Jackass chose to leave on his own. Wise move on his part.
              Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 11-19-2008, 11:52 PM.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

hmmm

"Smoking's bad for you you know."
                "Damn straight. Want one?"
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  adding salt to food is bad for me,
                  IANAD, but I do know that you need to take in a certain amount of salt daily, or you could have health problems.

My mom had this happen, and the doctor told her she needed to up her intake of salt. For a while, she was putting salt on nearly everything.

Just FYI.

SC
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I am a non-smoker, but I only make one comment to my friends. If one of them is smoking and it is bothering me, I will say, "Smoking is bad for MY heath." It works every time, but maybe just because I have good friends. Also, I do not say anything unless it is truly bothering me, i.e. my lungs or throat or eyes hurt from the smoke.

Comment

Interestingly, I have one friend who's a nonsmoker and against the smoking ban for the reason that everyone ends up getting up in a body and going outside for a fag, leaving her sitting alone in the bar looking like a Nellie No Mates.

Quoth rerant View Post
                      If I'm feeling particularly asshole-ish nd have someone tell me something like, "Smoking causes cancer," I'll pull out my pack, stare at the warning (regardless as to whether or not it has a cancer warning) and say, "Holy shit! You're right! Why didn't anyone ever tell me this before? How long have they been hiding this?"
                      Heh, that's a good one. XD Don't forget to mention the conspiracy theory of everyone hiding the truth!
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

See, my favorite line when I get the "Smoking's bad for you" is this...

"Oh, no, It's not me. It's the smokes, they're addicted to me." *start raising hand* "Oh, oh no, here it comes again! OH GOD WHY!!!!" *puff*
                        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

I started smoking when I was 18, to help deal with chronic pain. It's not a good reason, but what is?

The only damage to my lungs is from undiagnosed pneumonia I had a couple of years ago. There is nothing on my lungs related to smoking at all.
                          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I don't smoke, but I don't have any problem with people doing it around me, as long as it's not blowing right in my face.

To paraphrase the great Bill Hicks:

For those of you non-smokers out there, listen up.
                            Non-smokers die...................................every day. Sleep tight.
                            The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

blas, if you actually have said that to some well meaning but annoying do gooder, you are

awesome!

i'm a non-smoker, but i don't lecture anyone but my dad (who took it up again after having quit and went non-smoking for about 8 or so years), but haven't done so in awhile. i figure if he's hellbent on doing it, nothing i say will change anything.

just as long as they don't smoke in my house or car, or do it in front of me just to be obnoxious, i don't care; your life, do what you want with it.
                              look! it's ghengis khan!
                              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Just be careful with intentionally blowing smoke in someone's face. In both America and the UK, that's legally assault (as silly as it sounds). And Tutty's good friend, Bobby, doesn't find it quite as funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X