This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT THE HELL.

I am so frustrated. Apparently Dell can't even handle sending me a simple UPS shipping label so I can return this POS.

WTF?

I have called, I have emailed, blah blah blah, and it has become very obvious that this company simply does not give a shit.

The part that irritates me the most is that this just pushes my refund back even farther.

UGH.

Comment

Maybe you should email The Consumerist? This is legitimate company suck.

"Dell sends you a brand new laptop that doesn't work, wants another $1,000 of your money before you get a refund, and won't send a shipping label to return it"
      My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
        Right out of the box. All I got was a blue screen...nothing else. So I called them. The tech asked me to hit a whole bunch of different keys, blah blah blah. Nothing. So, then he asked me to get a screwdriver. I was at work, and couldn't find one. Not to mention the fact that I shouldn't have to take it apart when I just got it!! What if my hand slips and I break something? (Not likely, but still.)
        Maybe the tech's request for you to open it up was a deliberate money-saving measure by Dell. You get a DOA computer, follow the tech's instructions, and open it up. Warranty claim denied - it was your unauthorized attempt to modify a perfectly good computer that broke it.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Alogram, call Dell and tell them that if they don't get a return label to you within 24 hours you will have your bank charge back the money you paid. And then follow through with the threat if they don't. The merchant is charged an additional fee for a chargeback so they are out extra money for that.

BTW, since Dell has moved their sales department out of the U.S. and their Tier 1 support to the Philippines, most of their service has really gone downhill. Now, before anyone gets on my case, I received very good support from Dell when their support department was in India. It just seems that when you split departments across countries things get totally lost, fall through the cracks and follow up doesn't occur.

One of my attorneys had me order a replacement battery for her Dell laptop. She paid for rush shipping and the sales department promised to have the battery to her in time for her trip to the East Coast. The battery showed up on time, but it was absolutely the wrong battery. Her laptop has a bow style battery and the one they shipped was a brick. I called the sales department and explained the situation. The salesperson kept questioning me as if I couldn't tell a bow from a brick. Just then, one of the IT guys came walking by and I grabbed him and put him on the phone. Then they agreed to take the part back. They did credit her right away and we shipped it back immediately. However, it took two more calls to get her credited for the rush shipping fee.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

What? No update?!
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

If you used a Visa or Mastercharge card another recourse is to go to the bank that issued it and ask them to do a chargeback. Retailers hate this because they have to defend themselves as to why they gave you shoddy merchandise.  A chargeback is a reversal of a payment card transaction initiated by the consumer who holds the card or the bank that issued the card used in the purchase. This differs from a refund or "credit," which is agreed to and initiated by the merchant at the point-of-sale. A chargeback usually occurs when a consumer files a dispute with their bank or credit/debit card provider. One reason for chargebacks is when a customer does not receive the item they paid for. In this case, a chargeback is initiated and the payment to the merchant is reversed. These can include:
               Services not rendered.
               Product different from what was described or promised.
               Card-holder not satisfied with quality of product or services.
              This is an extremely effective way of dealing with retailers that give you sh**

Comment

Thats why you buy things like that in a brick and mortar store. You ended up like my neighbor, who even though he knows where I work, bought a 50 inch television off-line and was surprised when it was left on his back doorstep with treadmarks down the box and the sound of broken glass inside. Books, CDs, movies, cigarettes even, sure buy em online. Go talk to someone face to face about the other things. But I'll save money! Not really, especially when you get broke shit and wait months for a refund.
                Last edited by Big-box-retail-blues; 12-05-2008, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X