This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redneck central

I live in a place that is over run by rednecks. I mean right down to the stereotypical overalls and no teeth. Well, this "family" was in the same movie rental/bookstore I was in and I was really appalled. The mom was wearing like almost no clothing and she looked about fourty and had small children. Which is fine people have kids late, whatever. But the hanging out all over is kinda gross.

So, I am in line waiting to pay for a book and they're infront of me. The kids were running around knocking stuff all over the floor while the parents are just standing there watching them do this. The kids were dirty, matted hair and just running a muck. To me I wouldn't be in that store if I knew my kids required some clothes and a bath....

They were buying a movie and something else. They laid down the items on the counter by the cashier with the money underneath one of the items. I thought that was kind of rude.

I was watching the mom and little boy. The little boy was on the other side of the steal item detector. I seriously can't remember what they are called lol Little boy picked up a snickers bar and the cashier was talking to the dad. The little squirt tried to put it in his pockets but mom stopped him when she realized I was watching them. I would have said something too. To me teaching your kids its okay to steal is sick.

Cashier: You have some late fees.

SD (sucky dad) I'll pay them later.

C: Unfortunately we require a minimum payment.

SD: Since when!?

SM: HOW much more money do you people want!?

Me:

C: A dollar...

Cashier picks up the few dollars that they laid down on the previous items and asks for more cash.

SM: I don't believe this...

SD handed the poor cashier (who was totally sweet) another dollar.

SD: I don't know when you guys started doing this. We should be able to pay for it when we are ready. Such BS.

I'm thinking OMG it's a freaking dollar and YOU guys are the ones with the late fees!!! JERK!

Finally they leave and I was really nice to the patient as all hell cashier.

If you could pay for it when ready ... would you ever be ready?

Comment

People like that make me wonder if the movie Idiocracy really is prophetic.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
        People like that make me wonder if the movie Idiocracy really is prophetic.
        Not long ago on a gaming forum, someone posted a story about a user who had hurt his hand or something. He was complaining that he wouldn't be able to play games for a while. It was suggested that he read a book, but his response amounted to "OMG you read books? Are you a fag??"

It is prophetic. The zombie apocalypse isn't going to happen because there won't be any braaains for them to eat.
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

So reading books goes on the list of Things That Make You Gay, right below owning multiple cats and eating salads.

Interesting.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            So reading books goes on the list of Things That Make You Gay, right below owning multiple cats and eating salads.

Interesting.
            Well, I guess color me gay then . . . guilty on all counts.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              Let's see, I have two cats...and spent most of the weekend reading sports car magazines. 2 out of 3 ain't bad
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                LOL Me too.

: overheard on the school bus, in high school : "He's so gay, he reads." This said as I was reading a book too.

Actually I LOVE horror movies, but the movie "Idocracy" is really the only one to scare me. Because it was so true.
                wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                ----
                Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth Nyx View Post
                  LOL Me too.

: overheard on the school bus, in high school : "He's so gay, he reads." This said as I was reading a book too.

Actually I LOVE horror movies, but the movie "Idocracy" is really the only one to scare me. Because it was so true.
                  Idiocracy isn't a horror movie, it's a pseudo-documentary of the future unless we allow for passive eugenics and a three extremely stupid strikes and you're out law for the gene pool.

Comment

Reading is gay now? Wow. I'm really gay. Like, library gay. Maybe even Library of Congress gay.

Now I have all these questions to figure out. If I find a gay female to love, would it still count as gay marrige? These things are important.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I love to read and I love kitties.

I think I just broke everyone's Gay-Dar.
                      I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                        If you could pay for it when ready ... would you ever be ready?
                        "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Interesting.
                          Strangely enough, same-sex relationships aren't on that list and people could in fact be closet hetrosexuals.
                          Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Quoth wildkard View Post
                            Strangely enough, same-sex relationships aren't on that list and people could in fact be closet hetrosexuals.
                            You just made me choke on my mac and cheese ( and it just took me forever to type that cause you also robbed my of my ablility to type.)

Comment

I bet all those Wiggle Eye Willys and Bucktooth Billys are just angry because they don't even know how to read.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X