This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm.... interesting.....

I'd almost think that people would've kept the phone, but then they could've just forwarded themselves the photos (maybe checking that they actually got them).... but then if the employees did it, that'd be another thing.....

In my town a computer tech or someone found naked photos of a woman (actually underage by a year - she sent them to her boyfriend), and he forwarded them to hundreds of people in town with name and everything..... by the time it was done, people had lost their jobs over it, and the girl/woman all-but-lost her business she was running for kids. So I could see if they actually were dumb enough to have them on the phone and someone did release them without permission, it could cause a lot of problems.

Comment

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
      I can't see how just finding a phone could give anyone access to their personal information like adress etc. The'd perhaps have to give their names to the manager so they could come and get the phone but their adress? Why? Was he shipping it back to them? Unlikely.

Further I find it hard to belive that anyone who finds a mobile phone would hand it in at all, why not just keep it and change the sim card. Maybe that's just being cynical but we all know what site this is.
      The phone might have been one of those fancier PDA-types where you can store things like addresses and such in addition to the standard phone directory.

As for honesty, I actually know a lot of people who would hand in the phone rather than keep it, and only look on it long enough to find out whose phone it is so they can call the last dialed number (or an ICE number if labelled as such) and let them know that a phone was found. My in-laws actually did that on a recent trip to Hawaii when they found a phone on a hiking trail with no owner.

Very few, if any, of these people that I know would forward nudie pics around along with sensitive contact information before turning in the phone. Also, it seems to me that if someone was going to go so far as to forward around the pics and info, they would be more likely to keep the phone (swap the SIM card if it has one, or just find out from the company how to reset the phone manually) than to turn it in.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
        Agree with you there. Something that can be lost easily and is typically carried with you everywhere you go is not exactly the epitome of security when it comes to material of a.. um.. 'sensitive nature'.
        The ex used to send me "closeup" nude pics on my phone when I was at work (WTF, how do you know my boss isn't around). Most of them were blurry even by blur standards

One night when I got fed up with the antics I told him that I lost my phone on the subway. After a few rounds of "but it's not a big deal" (eh?), it finally got through his skull; I think I told him that the photos could be thoroughly traced back to him if someone wanted to, and he bought the idea that he could get a stalker.

I now treat cell phones like email: don't have anything in stored media that you wouldn't want all over the interwebs if something goes wrong.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X