This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth tollbaby View Post
    Really??? They certainly are in Canada. I'm pretty sure you can be fined if you're seen drinking when obviously pregnant.
    One of my wife's friends used to be a bar tender (and she has 3 kids, so she's very sensitive about the subject).

And she was told by management that she was not allowed to refuse alcohol to pregnant women unless they were drunk.

I can't remember if she tried to and was yelled at, or if she was told it to start with though.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
      Really??? They certainly are in Canada. I'm pretty sure you can be fined if you're seen drinking when obviously pregnant.
      Well, the thing here is that it is NOT illegal to drink while pregnant. It's not a good idea, there's warnings all over everything, most states require bars to post signs saying that drinking while pregnant is a bad idea, but it is not in any way illegal. It's the mother's body and the mother's decision if she wants to drink.

Not that I would drink while pregnant (I don't drink anyway) but it is not illegal so they cannot and will not ticket or fine you.

Now some bars or bartenders can say they are uncomfortable serving alcohol to a pregnant woman but no, technically, it is not against the law and if the lady wants it, most bars will give it to them.
      I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Working...
      X