Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saydrah is grumbly at an Amazon vendor.

11/7/08: Saydrah places order for a little gift for her cousin, who is terminally ill. Not that this is the vendor's problem-- just some background.

11/11/08: Vendor CLAIMS they emailed Saydrah to tell her that the color she chose is out of stock (despite their listing having said 3 in stock on Amazon) and asking if a different color is OK instead. Saydrah does not receive email, and does not know it was allegedly ever sent until...

11/21/08: Saydrah emails vendor anxiously wondering if the item has been shipped yet. They reply claiming to have sent email 11/11 (see above). Saydrah says, "Yes, the other color is fine," and asks vendor to send shipping confirmation and tracking number as soon as it is sent.

11/22/08: Saydrah gets automated email from Amazon saying that the vendor's estimated timeframe for shipping has expired without the item being shipped, and suggesting that Saydrah contact the vendor to find out why.

11/24/08: Still no reply to Saydrah's last email. Saydrah sends a third email, asking politely, with lots of please and thank-yous, that the vendor either:

1. Reply within the business day (which is within their standard turnaround time for emails-- they replied within 2 hours the first time and say customer emails are answered the same business day) with a shipping confirmation and tracking number

OR

2. Promise that the item will ship tomorrow at the latest, and that Saydrah will receive a tracking number.

OR

3. Cancel Saydrah's order.

Well, it's past the end of the business day in their time zone, and no reply. Emailing Amazon now to inform them of the problem with the vendor. I did find out I can cancel the order myself, but I'm a little worried that if they won't even reply to my emails they may also ignore the cancellation and charge my card anyway, so I might wait until tomorrow when my bank's phone support opens again and ask if I can make sure they don't honor a request to charge my card from this vendor.

I know they haven't stolen from me, run over my puppy, or raped my mother (yet), but I'm still pretty peeved-- the vendor has mostly good feedback on Amazon, so I really wasn't expecting so much trouble. I've never had any issue with an Amazon order before, so it really hacks me off that the ONE time I have a problem it's with ordering a gift for someone who may or may not live through the holidays (hence: why I'm buying her stuff now, not for Christmas).
    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Btw Say. IDK if it changed but last time I bought from a vendor thorough amazon, it was Amazon itself doing the charge. And if you dispute the transaction, they're very diligent (in my experience) at returning the money (and hand slapping the vendor)
    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Oh shit..

Quickly goes though all Amazon emails.

Good, not me. Well, it couldn't be, mine don't come in colors.

Hopefully you'll get it settled ASAP.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Hee! It would be funny if it was you

Mysteriously, after I emailed Amazon (instead of directly emailing the vendor) I received a shipping confirmation and a tracking number, as I requested TWICE before emailing Amazon

As long as it gets there soon I will be happy... but Amazon's guarantee does state (based on vendor's shipping estimates) that if I don't receive it (that is, cousin doesn't receive it) by Nov. 26th I can file for a refund. I don't think I'll do that if it's just a day or two late, but if it's not there by Dec. 1st I will.
        My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

oh yeah, I will never use Amazon marketplace again for about the same reason as you Saydrah... ordered a DVD... the ad said it was Region one... when I recieved the disk it was region 2... I emailed the vendor who said that refund was not possible because that is what I ordered, I pointed out that no it wasn't, I had kept a copy of the original ad (I had printed it out so I could compare the price to that of a local used DVD place), I scanned it, emailed it to the vendor, who responded that was not the ad she had submitted to Amazon and I had to go through amazon to deal with a refund (granted she was helpful in offering to email amazon on my behalf as well as her own if I was willing to do the same).
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Heh... i will say Amazon is good about that.

I ordered a copy of a book from them (Used copy of "Lunar Activity" by Elizabeth Moon) and received an entirely different book (Used copy of some Brian Haig book). The only thing matching was the sticker on the back of the book... which didn't help me much.

Mailed it back to Amazon using their box and a printed free-shipping label and they refunded me the book... and apparently some of the shipping too.

Comment

Working...
            X