Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

let the holiday decoration complaining begin...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used to have this same pc stupidity at a place I worked for five years. Nothing that smacked of the holidays as far as decorations and it was my fault. The first year they banned holiday decorations in the office because it might offend those of differing beliefs I had a display on top of my monitor that I'd bought down in Mexico. It was a carved Santa and reindeer made of wood and brightly painted. But Santa and the deer were carved as bugs with wiggling segmented legs that waved in the slightest breeze. I guess it freaked them out too much to see Roach Santa and his Roach Reindeer. I thought it was funny.
    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I started ending transactions with "Thanks! You have a good holiday, now!" I've had people who used to get offended when I said just Happy Holidays, but those same people don't seem offended by my new saying. I think it's because it's so casual, it's coming across as more sincere, not just as if I'm trying to be politically correct for corporate's sake?
      "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

Comment

Working...
      X