This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Blanked Out When Placing My Order

Today, I went to my youngest sister's job and ordered some food. When I asked if they had a certain drink, I couldn't remember the exact name. Luckily, the employee ringing me up mentioned the name of the drink and it turned out that it was the drink I wanted. When I put my food and drink down at a table, my vision started getting blurry. I went to the condiment stand, got a couple packets of honey, ate the honey which actually helped. Then I got to sit down and enjoy my food and drink while being on my laptop.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I've been eating something about every few hours and I usually have a beverage with me including the bottle of water in my bag. With a few exceptions, I can't eat big meals in one sitting. If I make or order a big meal, I eat some of it right then. I put the rest away or bring it home in a take out bag and have the rest another time.

I've also been craving sweets a lot lately especially chocolate. I've eaten about more than half of my bucket of chocolate pretzels which I bought Sunday.

By the way, I don't get cold easily unless I'm coming down with something. I do heat up easily on occasion even if I'm not running around. Also, the problem mentioned has been happening quite a bit. I keep something to eat on me in case this happens but I can't always get to it on time.
    Last edited by purplecat41877; 11-26-2008, 11:19 AM.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Comment

Have you seen a doctor about the blurry vision and dizziness? I also read your previous thread where you had to eat something in order to recover...

By the way, thanks for the friend add. ^_^
      Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

I haven't seen a doctor for a long time and as far as I know I'm still in progress of getting insurance from work to see a doctor. My dad helped me out with getting it sent out. I'd better check when I have a chance and make sure it wasn't sent in too late. By the way, Iris Kojiro, you're welcome for the add.
        My Fanfic Page
        My Fiction Page
        My Social Group
        My Pet Social Group
        My You Tube Channel

Comment

Sorry to ask you this, but how old are you? when did this start? I'd see a doctor soon about this and have a glicemic curve made, I am not a doctor so I wont make a diagnosis here, but whenever it is what I think or it's not, those symptoms are not to toy with, try to see a doc soon purple. please
          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

My age can be found in my profile and I'm not sure when this started but I think it was a couple years ago if not a few. I'm still getting the insurance situation sorted out so I can schedule an appointment ASAP. I got a card through the union for prescriptions only. I still need to get the medical insurance card.
            My Fanfic Page
            My Fiction Page
            My Social Group
            My Pet Social Group
            My You Tube Channel

Comment

I'd be worried if I were you - your symptoms are like mine when my blood sugar gets low (diabetes) - any chance you could be diabetic?
              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I haven't been officially diagnosed but as far as I know, I can't drink diet soda. When I have some, even one can, I have to eat a lot of food-pretty much what I can get my hands on. I don't get excessively thirsty but I frequently get hungry. I've also haven't had any problems with consuming large amounts of sugar.
                Last edited by purplecat41877; 11-29-2008, 10:44 AM.
                My Fanfic Page
                My Fiction Page
                My Social Group
                My Pet Social Group
                My You Tube Channel

Comment

It definitely sounds like diabetes to me. At least it would be the hypoglycaemic type, which is less nasty to manage than hyperglycaemic. So do talk to your doctor about it ASAP.

Comment

I didn't want to make a DX since I'm not a doctor, but it does sound like diabetes to me too, and it's why I asked for Purple's age... Type 2 adult onset diabetes shows up around age 30.....

The message is, try to get it looked at by a doc soon, it could be dangerous... might be diabetes, might be an extreme case of hypoglicemy, sometimes high sugar is much harder to detect psyntomatically than hypoglicemy, so you can't be sure you're really ok eating a lot of sugar....
                    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

I'm sorry . I also wanted to suggest diabetes but as I am not a doctor, I didn't want to act like I was making a diagnosis. Your symptoms certainly suggest it in some way, shape, or form.

*gives hugs*
                      Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

I have received my medical card. I plan to make a doctor's appointment as soon as I can.
                        My Fanfic Page
                        My Fiction Page
                        My Social Group
                        My Pet Social Group
                        My You Tube Channel

Comment

I've been keeping glucose tablets in my work apron, in a closable tube that is, and some glucose gel in my bag. I currently have trail mix in my bag and the bag is resealable.

I'll have to refill the tube with more glucose tablets before I go to work tomorrow evening. When I was getting off work today, I had the same thing happen as in the original post and I only had 2 glucose tablets on me and I ate those which actually helped a bit.
                          My Fanfic Page
                          My Fiction Page
                          My Social Group
                          My Pet Social Group
                          My You Tube Channel

Comment

I have made a doctor's appointment. The appointment is on January 19th.
                            My Fanfic Page
                            My Fiction Page
                            My Social Group
                            My Pet Social Group
                            My You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                            X