This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This pissed me off to no end

Okay this morning I got up and I always watch a few mins of tv before I start to get ready for work.Well I was flipping through the channels and I come across MTV. It was that show parental control where parents (usually a mom and dad) pick two guys for their son/daughter because they don't like who their kid is dating.And of course the parents and the current boy/girl friend watches the entire date.First off the current boy/girl friend is so fucking rude to the parents.I would slap the shit out of my hubby if he said those types of things to my parents. Anyways what pissed me off was the one guy took the girl to a grocery store and they had a race through the store on those store carts. And of course they were knocking things over saying Whoops and laughing.And they were screaming at people to get out of the way.I dunno it just made me mad as hell. I just wanted to slap the shit out of the girl.She would knock something over and then cover her mouth and say whoops and laugh in that "bimbo" laugh

I can sort-of understand the current boyfriend being rude to the parents. After all, based on what you've said about the show's format, they've just basically told him that they hate his guts. Not something that endears you to people or invites pleasant conversation.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I've seen this show a few times. They usually have the slutiest of the sluts on and then mixed in with the brain dead neanderthalls who probably have little baby dick from snorting coke off a dead hookers tits in a alleyway somewhere.

Yup, I've seen that show once or twice.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
        I've seen this show a few times. They usually have the slutiest of the sluts on and then mixed in with the brain dead neanderthalls who probably have little baby dick from snorting coke off a dead hookers tits in a alleyway somewhere.

Yup, I've seen that show once or twice.
        Daaaaang!
        Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

I've also seen that show and there was one where I honestly went WTF blue screen on. The guy passed up a girl who was studying to get her doctorate, so yes long hours I can see that as a bit of a drawback... But the girl he stayed with uses him for his money, even told him to buy her something shiney for putting up with his lameness at the end. Now really the doctor to be wasn't gorgeous but the stick with boobs wasn't much better.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            The guy passed up a girl who was studying to get her doctorate,
            Probably was intimidated by a woman who is way smarter than he is.

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
              Probably was intimidated by a woman who is way smarter than he is.
              I concur. That's probably why I don't get many dates...that and I don't want to be ogled over like a cheap slab of meat in a local bar.
              Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Now VH1 is just as bad as MTV.They made a second season of the pickup artist. They take these teddy bear guys and turn them into jackass jerks. The main jerk is named mystery.One of the lines he used was "I'll talk to you if you buy me a drink"I wanted to throw my shoe through the tv.My hubby tells me that the show isn't trying to pick up smart and classy women.They are trying to pick up "bar whores" Has anyone else seen this show?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  The guy passed up a girl who was studying to get her doctorate
                  ^^^What they said above. Guy probably just wants his girlfriends to be good in bed and light his cigarettes. Brains aren't required or even wanted.

On VH1 I caught an episode of Rock of Love Charm School or whatever it's called. The pink-haired girl, I forget her name, is such a conniving bitch but she's hot as hell, and the show's just one hour-long chickfight.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
                    And of course the parents and the current boy/girl friend watches the entire date.First off the current boy/girl friend is so fucking rude to the parents.I would slap the shit out of my hubby if he said those types of things to my parents.
                    Well, I suppose your parents wouldn't invite your hubby over to watch you go on a date with someone they picked who's supposedly better for you than he is... I mean, WTF? I'd expect my girlfriend to dump me in a hot second if asked to sit through me dating someone else for a night, and I'd do the same to her. If you want everything, then you just might end up with nothing...

But, reading about this show, gets me to remember why I'm watching more and more DVDs and less and less TV...
                    You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

I watch The Pickup Artist. Sure it seems to be just about picking up women, but what Mystery teaches can be used to relate to people of both sexes in more situations than just a bar trying to pick up someone of the opposite sex. If applied correctly you can use his techniques to make friends.
                      (As someone who is socially inept, I watch the show and take mental notes.)

Comment

I used to watch that Parental Control show with my boyfriend, purely for something to laugh at. But after awhile even knowing (hoping??) it's all fake, I couldn't take it anymore. Allowing someone to treat you/talk to you that way, even if it's supposed to be amusing? That's just disturbing.

Comment

Oh, God. I grudgingly admit that I saw an episode of that show. It's basically a primer for fucktardedness and jackassery.
                          "It's not me that you hate; it's those nasty truths I serve up. Hey, man, I'm just honesty's vessel!" --Me

Comment

Just like that show My Super Sweet 16 (especially the episode where the girl throws a fit because she didn't get her NEW LEXUS at the "right time" during her birthday), I got one word for these programs.

FAKE.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                              I watch The Pickup Artist. Sure it seems to be just about picking up women, but what Mystery teaches can be used to relate to people of both sexes in more situations than just a bar trying to pick up someone of the opposite sex. If applied correctly you can use his techniques to make friends.
                              (As someone who is socially inept, I watch the show and take mental notes.)
                              Hah, me too! I'm living proof the methods work. So far, it's really helped me to strike up conversations, something I simply could. Not. Do. I dunno, people tell me I'm a good-looking guy, but I could never say hi. After watching that show and giving it a shot, though, it proves one thing: it really is all in the confidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X