Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom is awesome and these woman are stupid.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom is awesome and these woman are stupid.

My mom and I went down to the gas station to get some cat litter. I've barricaded myself in my house today, but Baby's needy. So I go in with mom waiting in the car, pay for my stuff, and go to the door. Two middle aged women are chatting in front of the only door--literally, to where I wouldn't have been able to open it more than an inch without hitting one of them. They're on one side, I'm on the other. I crack it.

Me: Excuse me.
    Idiot: blagh blagh blagh, shopping deals blagh.
    Me: Excuse me.
    Idiot: Blagh blagh! Haha walmart blash blah blah.
    Me: EXCUSE ME, I NEED TO GET OUT.
    Idiot: -pause- blag blah blah!

I'm getting visibly irritated. I don't want to be rude and just shove the door into her, but I'm starting to think she has it coming. Then my mom rolls down her window. Oh snap!

Mom: I realize you two are super excited about making a trip to Walmart, but I want to go home, my daughter is driving, and surely you couldn't have missed the fact that there's a door right next to your face and someone on the other side of it trying to get out.

They responded with cat butt faces but moved, and quickly too. I love my mom and her super-authoritative voice..
    Would you like a Stummies?

Kudos to your mom for speaking up.

I would like to say I would have just opened the door, but i'm too nice to be that aggressive.

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
      Idiot: -pause- blag blah blah!

I'm getting visibly irritated. I don't want to be rude and just shove the door into her, but I'm starting to think she has it coming.
      Wow, at that point, I probably would've opened it into her, myself. I'm nice, but I can have a temper when someone's being blatantly rude like that.
      Your mom sounds awesome.
      whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
        I would like to say I would have just opened the door, but i'm too nice to be that aggressive.
        I would've, I'm an ass.

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
          I would've, I'm an ass.
          Oh I tend to be too. I'm a fan of letting people reap the consequences of their own actions. I just don't like to be rude if I can avoid it. The sole exception to this is when I'm at work. For some reason at work the gloves come off.
          Last edited by Chanlin; 11-28-2008, 11:06 PM.

Comment

I'd have pushed it open after the first attempt. Right into them. Then go "Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't see you!"

Naturally they'd say something like "So why did you say excuse me?" to try and point out how wrong I am that I didn't see them, at which point I leap in with the clincher - "A-ha! So you DID hear me! Well then why the FUCK didn't you move?!" HA HA HA AH HAA HAHHHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

better yet....

close your eyes and open it hard... when they complain... say, "OH... sorry i'm blind... didn't see you" so they stop whining...

then... get in the driver's seat and drive off

Comment

After asking 2-3 times and being ignored I'd just have yelled "MOVE!" and opened the door. Politeness is lost on some people, and when it gets to that stage they don't deserve it.
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

My husband got stuck in an intersection because some girl wasn't paying attention and blocked the intersection from another direction. Then, instead of trying to move out of the way, she sits there while continuing to talk on her cell phone. So my husband laid on the horn. She gave him a thoroughly dirty look, but he just smiled, waved and continued to lay on the horn. She finally gave up on that all-important, worth risking death for phone call, hung up and moved her car.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Good for your mom for using the "mom voice" to get those two cows to move!

I use it to when someone is being an idiot and I am forced to deal with the situation.
                    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Usually I am out alone or with my best friend who is blind. After they paused in their talking after the "EXCUSE ME!" I would have opened the door HARD onto the women.
                      They acknowldged me when they paused and chose to stand in front of the door still. All bets are off my b*tch mode kicks in. OR if my blind best friend was with me she would do it and use her blindness as a guise. "I'm blind I can't see you. Why are you standing in front of the door to the only exit talking anyways?"

Comment

I hate people who do that. Surely there are better places to have your high school reunions and family reunions and family squabbles of Jerry Springer/Maury Povich porportions than doorways, ends of aisles, middle of aisles, and checkout lanes.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The trick is to hold your bags in your hands in open the door with your butt so you are kind of walking backwards when you do it. The bonus is that you can get a real good force behind it and knock someone down like that.

Myself I would have said excuse me one time only. Then I would have barrelled through the door saying fucking move you stupid cows (but then again thats why I'm not allowed out in public to often)
                          My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                            Naturally they'd say something like "So why did you say excuse me?" to try and point out how wrong I am that I didn't see them, at which point I leap in with the clincher - "A-ha! So you DID hear me! Well then why the FUCK didn't you move?!" HA HA HA AH HAA HAHHHAHAHAHAHA
                            That would probably be my reaction as well. I'm not a total bastard, but if I get ignored after multiple "excuse me", I will hit you with the door. Sorry, but it just pisses me off when idiots just *have* to stop right in front of the doors, usually when I'm dealing with a heavy cart. Even better are the fools who do that at the lumberyard--do you *really* want to get impaled on the 2x4x10 boards that I'm trying to get to my vehicle? No? Then get the fuck out of the way
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Yeah...depending on the mood I was in, they might not even get an "Excuse me" they might just get railroaded. The door is no place to stop and talk regardless. If you run into each other and it's a 10-year reunion, that's no excuse not scoot two feet to the side and get out of the way g*******t.
                              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
                              X