This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby...*sigh*

Not strictly a sighting because it was relayed to me by phone by my boyfriend who is in the capital tonight. It took him an hour and 15 minutes by train on what is normally a 25 minute journey because they had to stop the train.

Weather?
    Congestion?

None of these....some idiot was surfing....ON THE ROOF OF THE TRAIN!

Sometimes I really do despair.

Didn't get the connection with rugby til I saw the location (Wooh go Wales!). And then...I was no longer so surprised at the train surfing. Yay for match days.

Comment

Ahh another Welsh person! We are quite rare....mostly due to stunts like those mentioned above really.

Comment

I get the pleasure of being in the capital - although thanks to the lovely win, I didn't have a single customer between 3.30 and 7.00
        Wouldn't surprise me if that was the mildest of stunts tonight though...

Comment

Some woman had also taken to vomiting on the tracks as well a bit later in true classy fashion. I should imagine its been crazy outside of the game hours.

Comment

Ah, train surfing, i know of this thanks to a CSI:NY episode. Gotta be crazy, though it does look fun.
            Seph
            Taur10
            "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Woo! Noswaith da!

Saesnes ydw is yn byw yn Lloegr, on wnes i byw yn Cymru am deg blwydyn.

My written welsh is beyond bad, but my spoken is pretty good, i grew up there, i didn't have a lot of choice

Comment

Is it anything like Scottish? You know, can't understand a word unless you're drunk on 15 glasses of whiskey?
                http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                Melody Gardot

Comment

Train surfing... not clever. Even without the traditional hazards of low bridges and telegraph poles - which you can at least see coming - many lines have overhead electric wires.

It must be said that many former Great Western Railway lines - which include at least some of Wales - have considerably larger structure gauges than the rest of Britain, because they were originally built to accommodate Brunel's 7-foot broad gauge. No doubt adding electrics on those lines is considerably easier than elsewhere. But newer structures may have been built closer to the real loading gauge.

Comment

Pffft. ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

PS.

The only Welsh athlete I liked was Mark Hughes.
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                    X