Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's no disk in this game I stole! Blargle!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no disk in this game I stole! Blargle!

Not actually seen, this was told to me by an employee at Game Stop.

Me, the s/o, and our friend P braved the malls today because my man needed to drool over tools at Sears and I wanted to browse around for Christmas gift ideas. P decided that he wanted to pick up one of the used Xboxs from Game Stop for super cheap as well as Halo 2. My s/o along the way decided to pick up some cheap used PS2 games, which were buy 2 get 1 free. I bought a used PS2 memory card so I could play some games up at school. Yes, laugh at us, we are the incredibly cheap kids who buy things 2-4 years after they come out so we don't have to pay $50 for a new game. Hey, it works.

Like most malls, we have two Game Stops, one at each end of our mall. We bounced around the two looking for used Xbox games as each store kept telling us the other one had what we were looking for .

About the 3rd time we make the rounds one of the guys pulls us aside and apologizes for the confusion. They've had a hard time with the holidays and such, and right now they're stock is being passed back and forth. We of course say it's no big deal, we just want to buy what we want. The guy looks pretty relieved, and starts telling us some of the crazy things that have happened to him over the holidays. None of it is too too bad on the SC scale, although this one made me laugh.

Employee: Well there was the time a kid swiped one of the display game boxes and hauled butt out the door while we tried to get to him.
    P: That sucks...
    Employee: Yeah. Until he found out that the box was empty, and he came back complaining. He was REALLY mad. He wanted us to give him the disk.
    Me: .........Come again?

I know it's probably a common thing, but COME ON! Everyone with half a brain KNOWS those boxes are empty! If they actually had the games in them there would be stealing galore! That is just beyond dumb!
    It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
    The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Haha, thats entitlement for you I guess. Please say a manager didn't come out and cave to him because after some stories I wouldn't be awfully surprised.

Comment

ain't Karma sweet sometimes?

Comment

PWNED!

If I ever open a gamestore, for the sake of employees safety, I'd put in the cases CD-R's with a label that says, "Congratulations! You're a winner! Log in to www.imaloserandistolethisgame.com (not a real link ) to claim your prize!!!"

Without a doubt, I know there would be someone dumb enough to put in their info.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
          Log in to www.imaloserandistolethisgame.com (not a real link ) to claim your prize!!!"
          Hmm.....(goes to godaddy.com to reg the site, and set it up to report to the police LOL!)
          Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
          pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Oh man, that is too funny.

Comment

Quoth sixums View Post
              Everyone with half a brain KNOWS those boxes are empty! If they actually had the games in them there would be stealing galore! That is just beyond dumb!
              Uh, my manager in my old store has started to put out live games, all formats.

I shudder to think what the stock loss level will be at now...
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I worked at Media Play back when it wasn't nearly as common and I remember one guy who was PISSED that we wouldn't give him a discount because he bought our last copy of a game and it was already opened.
                Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

::laughs at the dumb crook::

Quoth sixums View Post
                  Like most malls, we have two Game Stops, one at each end of our mall.
                  Our mall does have two, but one's right over the other in the two-story mall, both at one end. I never could figure that one out.

And, interestingly, there are two Game Stops within a mile of each other not far from my apartment. Near as I can figure, one used to be an EB Games before Game Stop bought it.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                    Our mall does have two, but one's right over the other in the two-story mall, both at one end. I never could figure that one out.

And, interestingly, there are two Game Stops within a mile of each other not far from my apartment. Near as I can figure, one used to be an EB Games before Game Stop bought it.
                    Yup. One of the Game Stops used to be an EB games, but was converted when it was bought out. I think that's probably why they're in one end of your mall too.

And don't any of you worry, the manager didn't give that little twit anything. I didn't ask about them pressing charges, but you can bet your butt they didn't let him get away with it.
                    It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
                    The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Comment

We have a Game Stop on the inner corner of the L of the mall and a Funcoland at the top of the L.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                      X