X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF?

Random...

I was wandering around my grocery store, looking for the hot chocolate, when I saw a customer pull a sales clerk over. "Hey, where's the automotive oil?"

I mean, they had it and all, but...there were gas stations on the corner, wouldn't they be an easier place to get oil? Weird...
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Maybe they thought it would be cheaper at the grocery store, gas stations can be expensive.

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
      I mean, they had it and all, but...there were gas stations on the corner, wouldn't they be an easier place to get oil? Weird...
      It depends. They may have had other groceries to buy at the same time. Or maybe their car was out of oil and they didn't want to chance having the engine seizing up driving to another store.

Comment

i was thinking the same thing - might be cheaper at the grocery store. and might have other things to buy too.

Comment

I saw him in the checkout lines, and all he had was the oil. Not sucky, just random enough to make me laugh.
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

I'm a (partially) ASE-certified mechanic. As such, if I can do it myself, I will do it myself. Oil changes obviously fall well under the "can do it" category. Gas stations charge extra for everything they have parts and food-wise, so I avoid them when I can (you're paying for the all-in-one-place convenience). I usually buy my oil at the local Wal*Mart, actually.

Honestly, I find it a little funny that you guys find it funny.

Comment

Quoth Fox One View Post
              I'm a (partially) ASE-certified mechanic. As such, if I can do it myself, I will do it myself. Oil changes obviously fall well under the "can do it" category. Gas stations charge extra for everything they have parts and food-wise, so I avoid them when I can (you're paying for the all-in-one-place convenience). I usually buy my oil at the local Wal*Mart, actually.

Oh, I don't find the buying the oil funny. My dad does his own oil changes, with oil from Wal-Mart. Just asking for it at the grocery store struck me as slightly funny.

Comment

That's the reason they CARRY IT...People want to make ONE TRIP!!! It's pretty much the origin of the supermarket.

Comment

Quoth Fox One View Post
                  I usually buy my oil at the local Wal*Mart, actually.

Dunno about where you are, but up here, anyone asking for motor oil at the grocery store would be given a strange look and a wide bearth. Most grocery stores here don't have much beyond household necessities. Yeah, you can find light bulbs, but you're not going to find an automotives section. And most of our wal-mart type stores don't have food sections.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Hot chocolate is on aisle 2a, top two shelves, at the end near the instant coffee. Automotive oil is on 13b at the far end on the bottom two shelves. No, I haven't been working at the grocery store too long at all.
                    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      Dunno about where you are, but up here, anyone asking for motor oil at the grocery store would be given a strange look and a wide bearth. Most grocery stores here don't have much beyond household necessities. Yeah, you can find light bulbs, but you're not going to find an automotives section. And most of our wal-mart type stores don't have food sections.
                      Miami, big city. The Publix (the supermarkets most common here) stores carry a very wide selection of home and common use products, especially the larger ones, which can rival wholesale stores in their scale.

Comment

Working...
                      X