X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one's for you Aethien

I think you'd enjoy this one.
    This is actually rather amusing... I saw a letter taped up to the fire extinguisher in the stairwell in the front of the building by the mailboxes... it was addressed to
    XXX ave #7
    ... I'm sure most of you will have guessed by now what the problem is. The building only has 6 units
    to add insult to injury, the name on it is one of someone who moved out of the building 18 months ago

someone failed miserably, sending a letter to someone who moved over a year and a half ago and then screwing up the address to boot, considering the stories Aethien has told I'm actually not surprised at seeing that.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Oh I had one close to that today. The address was for

*illegible*
    703 W*illegible*
    *city* 490048
    US

Now in our office we have three different zip codes all of them have address that could be that W street. I'm still thinking it's a Z. There is no legible name on the package and since we can't figure out the street, person it goes to, or even the right 5 digit zip code...it's being sent back to Spain. I give a B- for effort and a F for follow through on writing that address.

Sure had some pretty stamps on it though...

Comment

Back to Spain?! :eep:

Someone's not gonna be happy. But then, it's their own fault, for apparently not realizing how crappy their handwriting is and typing up a label. Such is why I always stick my envelopes into my printer and print the damn address on it.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Couple years ago, a friend of mine got a visit from the police when the package he was sending his mother began ticking.

Apparently he had an alarm clock and some other things in it that got jostled as they moved it around and turned on.

Last year, my little local post office greeted you with a very tinny and constant strain of "Deck the Halls" whenever you walked in the building. Best that the post master could figure (as he told me cheerily) was that a singing card had gotten activated, but never could figure out where the stupid thing was.
        Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
          Such is why I always stick my envelopes into my printer and print the damn address on it.
          Even though I have good handwriting, I nearly always use address labels on my correspondance. Double check the address on the USPS zip code lookup or Canada Post postal code lookup, type it up in Word, print it out. I have never had a package returned since I've started doing it that way.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
            Last year, my little local post office greeted you with a very tinny and constant strain of "Deck the Halls" whenever you walked in the building. Best that the post master could figure (as he told me cheerily) was that a singing card had gotten activated, but never could figure out where the stupid thing was.
            Haha. That would be extremely annoying, I'm sure. However, hopefully since it wasn't able to found it wasn't TOO loud!

We have a problem like that in our house. I have four coffee cups that are Christmas cups I got from a church member I helped out when she was having a rough time last Christmas. They're very cute cups, but I have to keep them well out of reach of Daughter and Son. Why?

Because they are light activated. When light hits the bottom of the cup, the cups start singing. And while it's cute for awhile, it can get really annoying really quick!

So we've made it a special treat thing. You know, hot chocolate with dessert is served in these cups. Other times? They stay in the back of the cupboard, out of reach.
            I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
              Couple years ago, a friend of mine got a visit from the police when the package he was sending his mother began ticking.

Apparently he had an alarm clock and some other things in it that got jostled as they moved it around and turned on.
              And here I thought that only happened in cartoons.
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
              X