This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the cat-but face

I was picking a couple of things up on my way to work tonight, and while in the line at the store, the clerk picked up the bag with my donuts in it (2 fritters) and asked "Only 1?"

Cast:
    Me:
    Clerk - Store Clerk
    SC - Woman behind me in line
    GC - Woman behind her (Good Customer dressed in a business-style pants suit)

Me: No, 2 (they are pretty small for apple fritters)
    Clerk: Ok *proceeds to ring up the rest of my stuff*
    SC: "You should have kept your mouth shut, you would have gotten a free one."
    Me: "That would have been dishonest." *looking somewhat smug at her*
    SC: *shrugs* "Your loss"
    Me: "So, YOU would have stolen from the store in that case?"
    SC: *sputters*
    Me: "Because that's what it would have been, theft."
    SC: *Cat-but face*
    Me: *to cashier* "That means you should double check each and every one of her items, and coupons just to make sure she isn't trying to pull a fast one."
    Clerk:
    Me: *toothy-grin at SC*
    GC: "Makes sense to me. If she advises others to steal, she'll likely do it herself if she has the chance.
    Me: *folding my debit-card receipt into my wallet* "Don't worry too much about it. If there's any trouble about this, I'll take the heat." *winks*

It's nice to put someone in their place.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

I assume that when SC made her original comment, it was not said in a joking tone...

I've been to stores where mistakes like that happened (the cashier thought there was only a certain number of identical items and it turned out to be one extra) and somebody made jokes along the lines of "you could've gotten a freebie", but it was always said in a joking tone that made it clear the suggestion was not to be taken seriously, and those customers, as far as I'm aware, never tried to stiff the store on purchases.

That said, it is always nice to Pwn sucky people, isn't it?
    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

heh. ... you know... we need a wned: emoticon
      cos it'd be perfect for this

bet the sc was dead silent after that ...

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
        I assume that when SC made her original comment, it was not said in a joking tone...
        It was kind of neutral, and could have been. I would have assumed it was if it weren't for her "Your loss." comment. That is the comment that got to me. That made me think she was serious.

Eric the Grey
        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

That reminds me of the little country store up the road from me.On saturday we went to get snacks since it was snowing like hell and the owner put in the wrong total on the gas pumps.People were getting gas for .16.We pumped gas and then went in and told the owner.To the moans of many CS,we got many,many cat butt faces.We waited around until it was fixed and paid WHAT WE AUTUALLY OWNED.The manager looked kinda shocked.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            heh. ... you know... we need a wned: emoticon

There you go.
            I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Working...
            X