This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squealer Game Boy

Squealer Game Boy and his father figure were standing with an employee at the game case.

SGB: I WANT IT NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    Pa: Now son, Christmas is only a couple weeks away, you can wait...
    Emp:Yeah, man, its only a bit away and you've gotten TEN GAMES already from Pops here. That's enough until then.
    SGB: I WANT BIOSHOCK! I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT

I glare at the litte devil, and the Employee notices me. He opens the case, "No.. not the Pokemon Dungeon... the Ice Blue DS... no... no... bottom left.. The white box with minty blue on it... no... that's a game, sir... No... =_= NO...

SIR?"

Emp: Yeah?
    Me: Its a WHITE BOX with little bits of minty blue on it. Right there! /point
    Emp: This?
    Me: ...not that no. That's Pokemon Dungeon.
    Emp: Uh...

He finally grabs it, takes it to register, I buy. I go back and look at the Xbox accessories.

Pa: Now here... you go on to the toys and find some stuff for your sister, I'll get you in a minute.

Boy stalks off screaming about his lost game.

Pa: Sir.. could you get me out Bioshock, that special Call of Duty, the...

Pops ended up getting him three games. Its gonna be his "surprise" come Christmas.

How old was the kid?

Comment

My guess is somewhere between five and forty-two.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Based on experience, I'd say around 36. It's a magic age, ya know.
        Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
          How old was the kid?
          The boy was 12 or so, the dad was in his 40s >_<

Comment

I'm not sure I'd let a 12 year old play Bioshock. Its a great game and all, but not material I would consider kid friendly.

Comment

By the Special Call of Duty did he mean Call of Duty World At War? If so, I wouldn't let a 12 year old play that either, it has gibbing, losing limbs, heads being blown off and recorded footage from the actual thing including at least one piece of execution footage.
              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Had that been my kid, he wouldn't be getting anything for Christmas. Not even snowman poop.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                  Not even snowman poop.
                  Is that where coal comes from?

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                    Based on experience, I'd say around 36. It's a magic age, ya know.
                    You mean I'm supposed to have magic powers and stuff? Why wasn't I informed? I don't think I'm too magical! *is 36, btw*

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
                      the Ice Blue DS
                      Oooo, I got my younger son the Mario DS Bundle for Christmas. I'm getting the Cobalt Blue for Christmas (if my husband wants to live another year) and the new Populous DS game.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                        I'm not sure I'd let a 12 year old play Bioshock. Its a great game and all, but not material I would consider kid friendly.
                        Aw, but the Little Sisters are about his age! It must be safe for him!
                        The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the D20 rules all!!!

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                          Is that where coal comes from?
                          No, it's where marshmallows come from
                          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                            You mean I'm supposed to have magic powers and stuff? Why wasn't I informed? I don't think I'm too magical! *is 36, btw*
                            36 is only magical for boys. Girls get their powers at 14.
                            I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
                            -The Amazing E
                            Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Man even if the kid had been five there wouldn't have been any real reason to be such a brat. Now, at that age you can tell that he was used to getting stuff his way by doing that. Yeah, I was curious about the call of duty thing also cuz my husband has it and its really not a children's game.

But I'm not questioning anything on that because hell I grew up on mortal kombat. But I would have never whined and moaned like a little bitch and gotten my way. I would have gotten a nice hand to ass for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X