Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is exactly what I was just referring to.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
      I don't know how it is in the US (seeing as I don't live there) But it's not always the speed that will generate the ticket, but the manner in which you are driving.

Unless of course you're just massivly over the limit!
      A cop I know said he was more likley to target aggressive drivers who rapidly change lanes, etc than someone going 5-10 over.

Comment

Quoth hq_ View Post
        No-one would intentionally block a sidewalk, walking side-by-side with a few other people, and not moving over when someone, say, a jogger, wants to pass. Much less throw a fit when someone finally does.
        But people do do that. The sidewalks by my office are very busy and sometimes their will be groups of people going to lunch together that take up the whole sidewalk. Do they move over? No. Do they get huffy when you say, "Excuse me," and cut through? Hell, yes.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
          But people do do that. The sidewalks by my office are very busy and sometimes their will be groups of people going to lunch together that take up the whole sidewalk. Do they move over? No. Do they get huffy when you say, "Excuse me," and cut through? Hell, yes.
          Damn. That must be a record of some kind in assholesque behaviour. At least when you're driving, a set of wig-wags and red+blue strobos work amazingly well in clearing the lane.
          ...getting caught by a real cop will get you in serious trouble, though.

Comment

People asking about the cops giving you 5mph over the speed limit before they stop you
            As told to me by a cop, (at least in VA) there isn't a "5 mile grace" exactly... it's more a factor of whether or not your car is calibrated... that when the needle on your spedometer reads say "40 mph" it really is 40 mph, etc.

Some areas will ticket you for just 1 mile above, other places won't care unless you stick out and are causing issues for other drivers (or if they ahve a quota)

actually i was driving the interstate today... not so bad, was doing 70 in a 65 zone most of the time, but yeah some of the drivers were going even faster on the left, damn near running into other cars... the aggressive "get out of my way or i'll plow you over" style of driving.

as for me, i just stayed to the right mostly... went to the left to pass, or when there was a lot of traffic merging from the right. but even then, there were times when i just couldn't pass someone so i had to slow down to 65 or even 60 at times.

Comment

I know a guy that's a former cop and he doesn't buy the argument that cops ticket for 1mph over all the time. He said if that happened the courts would be so clogged with frivilous cases that the judge would be all over the police department about it.

He also said that any cop that tickets for only going a couple miles over is an ass, unless you're being one and deserve the biscuit.

Comment

Working...
              X