Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest peeve about the post office is that every time I ask them to hold my mail for a few days, they ALWAYS screw it up. The form really couldn't be any simpler: Fill out your address and the days you'll be gone and either check the box marked "restart delivery on x date" or check the other box marked "hold the mail until I come in to retrieve it." I ALWAYS check that I want it held until I personally show up for it at the post office, but the carrier ALWAYS decides to just force all my mail into the tiny box on the last day and leave any packages out in the open unprotected.

At the very least, if a package ever gets stolen they can't pull the "it was delivered" crap since I had quite explicit directions not to deliver in writing.

And don't get me started on the rest of delivery in general. Having "do not bend" stamped on an envelope is the surest way to make sure it's the only bent item in the box. I don't even know what my current mail carrier looks like, but I'm pretty convinced s/he's a passive aggressive dick.

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
      well, they would probably be living with you if they shared your address, so i doubt it would be a stranger.

man, i hate my post office. my fiancee and i are sharing a p.o. box, but they still wont let him take packages for me. or visa versa. even if we go down together we have to do it in separate transactions rather than handing them the cards for both of us at the same time.
      Canada Post has (had?) a form you could fill out for third-party mail pickup. I'll try finding it on their website again.
      Otaku

Comment

they wont deliver packages to our apartment, they hold them at the nearest postal office and leave us a delivery slip

we have to show photo ID to get it, they also ask for address confirmation on the slip but have never asked me to show it when I get there.
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
          they wont deliver packages to our apartment, they hold them at the nearest postal office and leave us a delivery slip
          The USPS does this at our complex, too. UPS will leave a note and then take it to the office. FedEx on the other hand will leave it under my doormat! Like nobody's gonna notice that! Luckily, people don't mess with your stuff here (Y'all should see what's on porches around here!).
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Typically, my stuff is not messed with either; a neighbor who sees it when I'm not home will always bring it into the secure front hallway.

Which makes the most recent happening even more puzzling (real long story short, insured box mailed to me in Nov., I never received it nor a pickup notice and my PO has no idea where it went, seller says his PO confirms it was delivered on Dec 3, I think he is starting to imply that I'm scamming him).
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

yeah, fed ex and ups just leave it by the door
              luckily i was there for the deliveries... i'm not sure how honest the neighbors are yet. only been here like 2 weeks

Comment

I'm still glad USPS has the key to our rear stairwell, to leave packages in there where it's secure. UPS and FedEx either ring the other doorbells if the recipient isn't there and then leave the package with a neighbor (who sets it by the recipient's door), or leave a delivery notice on the door and take the package back to the office.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

ups and fed ex knock or ring the bell here at least

Comment

Working...
                  X