This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIX it!

I am getting to the point of no return, I think I may have to be a SC.

For the past year now we have been asking ___ Rent to Own to please fix the couch that we are still paying on. They have been giving me and my hubbie the runaround and I am getting really angry.

The first time they sent out a repair man who "looked" at it and said he could fix it good as new. And he made a comment about how couches fall apart when fat people sit on them. I was shocked, I took that personally because I was the only one in the room with him when he said it.

Never saw him again. We have been calling persistantly and get a different person each time who seems to have no idea about our problem. I guess their systems don't allow remarks?

Okay, last week we talked to the Regional Manager and he said that he'd take care of it. I got up after having three hours of sleep and waited for the truck to show up for like eight hours. I had things to do that day and I wasted it waiting for these jerks.

The repairman is uber creepy too. He called me finally and said: "I know you live on the second floor. Would it be possible if I just fix your couch in your apartment? It would only take a couple of hours and you can even leave me there while you go out shopping or whatever. That way rather than having to hold onto your couch for over a week it would be one day." I told him I'd have to talk to the hubbie. If it took only like four hours why wouldn't I see it sooner than a week?

NO. You cannot stay in my apartment with me or without for HOURS. I don't have a big space and its something I'd prefer they do elsewhere. I called the store and told the RM how I'd prefer it. He said since it took so long for me to decide whether I wanted them to get it or come over, I was dropped to the bottom of the list and would have to wait longer. I was I feel bad but the repairman makes me uncomfortable. There is just a creepy vibe about him...

How could I get dropped in under a min? There was no time for the dude to even tell the place my answer. I was miffed. It was like 5pm and still no show. I called them and said yes I have stuff to do. The guy said: "Like what?" I wanted to say none of your damn business but I said errands.

Needless to say I was gone for one hour and by that point I was told they'd call me tomorrow. Never happpened. My hubbie and I are beyond furious. The couches have two payments left and they have completely fallen apart. I guarantee we will never buy from this company ever again.

I don't understand why they are giving us such hell. And why we have to pay for something that has the wood on the bottom completely caved in. I'd be fine if they'd just FIX the damn things. I'm sorry I'm just really annoyed and I don't know how to get them on the ball without yelling.

Yell. Scream. Withhold payment. Sue.

They deserve it.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Send them a certified letter with the entire story including the comment by repairman #1

I am not a lawyer, I did not stay at a Holiday in . . .but I would not with hold payment. They have legal actions they can take. You can end up paying more etc. You need to follow through with your part of the agreement you made with the company. That way if you do have to take steps that end up in court . . .you have held up your end.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
        And he made a comment about how couches fall apart when fat people sit on them. I was shocked, I took that personally because I was the only one in the room with him when he said it.
        He didn't necessarily mean you. You could have had a visitor who was too heavy for it, for all he knew. Still, that was stupid of him to say that.

Quoth Anakah View Post
        The repairman is uber creepy too. He called me finally and said: "I know you live on the second floor. Would it be possible if I just fix your couch in your apartment? It would only take a couple of hours and you can even leave me there while you go out shopping or whatever. That way rather than having to hold onto your couch for over a week it would be one day."
        Either this one was unbelievably stupid, or he was looking to rob you blind.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          Either this one was unbelievably stupid, or he was looking to rob you blind.
          I vote for the latter. Or even worse.

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Talk to a lawyer friend if possible. It may be time to explore the posibility of a small-claims court action against them for breach of contract (assuming the contract includes a warranty for your rental-purchase items.) However, as some of these are slimy as a beholder's tentacle, there may be a blanket clause in there preventing any guarentees for failure or damage (preexisting or not.)

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
              Yell. Scream. Withhold payment. Sue.

They deserve it.
              I second this. There is only so much a person can take from a company before they turn people into SCs.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                I second this. There is only so much a person can take from a company before they turn people into SCs.
                The only way Anakah could become a SC is if she does something foolish. Being angry at how you are being treated doesn't automatically make you sucky. It just makes you angry.
                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Being abused AFTER you are patient and pleasant means they do not respect you. Stop dealing with the lower levels and direct your complaints higher. Bring and READ every piece of documentation you have. If you have none left, GET IT.

The center sounds like a corporation. Simply because other people abuse the systems in place, does not mean you cannot use them as they were intended. These people are being incompetent and unprofessional. String them up.
                  Last edited by Crazeyal; 12-16-2008, 05:43 AM.

Comment

What Crazeyal said. Is this a privately-owned company or, as I suspect, a national chain? It's time to escalate your calls. Start complaining up the food chain and screaming bloody murder if you have to (I mean that in a please-stay-polite-to-the-CSRs-if-they're-polite-to-you sort of way ). Sent emails to corporate and insist on a response and satisfactory resolution. State your demands and make it clear what you want. Your demands of appropriate reponse time and repair of faulty product are perfectly reasonable.

And speaking as a not-so-small person myself, I find such comments downright offensive. Though I would caution against getting sidetracked while filing your complaints (since your goal is repairing your couch and not debating who said what), I'd still certainly make mention of the downright rude and incompetent manner you've been treated.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I second the certified letter. It costs a bit more, but it is also a signal to the business that you are starting a paper trail of their tomfoolery. Most will recognize this and straighten up out of self interest. Make sure you get the confirmation of delivery and keep it and a copy of what you wrote.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

At this point you scream bloody murder and learn to never ever use any rent-to-own (of any flavor) again.

Comment

Working...
                        X