This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You can't buy that here" "Who told you that?"

Last night my wife & I finished our Christmas shopping (Except I need to get her some stocking stuffers). One of our last gifts was a gift card to a grocery store for my sister.

So we go in and pick up a store gift card from a check lane (over the candy) and get in line.

The cashier sees us and tells us to go to Customer Service since she can't ring them up. Makes no sense to us since we got the thing in line, but we left and didn't argue.

Get to customer service and the head cashier comes up and asks what we needs. We tell her we wanted a gift card, but we were told we had to get it here.

"Who told you that" she asked, obviously irritated.

"The girl on register 5"

"Well I'll have to have a talk with her, because you can ring up our gift cards at any register"

So she finishes us up, and then runs to register 5. As we are walking out we here the cashier saying something about how either "I didn't" or "they didn't".

Seems like an odd thing for me to lie about doesn't it?

I suppose she could be new and didn't know how....

My store has a lot pf new cashiers who can't seem to find their ass with both hands and a map.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

At my store, gift cards can be purchased at any register unless you are buying $500 or more in them, due to "recent events," meaning there might be a scam of some sort going on with such large gift card purchases.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

We have a lot of new cashiers, especially around the holidays. I've had customers get upset when I tell them that can 1) buy gift cards at my register and 2) pay the cc bill at my register. Apparently some of the newer cashiers either assumed they couldn't help them or couldn't be bothered to check
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

gift cards and CC payments aren't that complicated, CC payments are a little hard to remember, since they only come up once or twice in a couple months, but they're not complicated, the cashier was probably just new and didnt know what to do

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            At my store, gift cards can be purchased at any register unless you are buying $500 or more in them, due to "recent events," meaning there might be a scam of some sort going on with such large gift card purchases.
            Man you're lucky, if it's over $100, they have to go to the service desk.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I don't know if Wal-Mart had a limitation, but if it did, it was a case of requiring a CSM to approve the transaction, rather than sending the customer up to the service desk. We could take CC payments as well, though it came up so rarely (twice in four months that I worked there) that I was grateful for the guide booklet at each register explaining all the myriad non-standard transactions we might encounter.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
              X