Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein I am gifted with a great line...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I am gifted with a great line...

Today I needed a lighter to apply some pitex (like a gluestick made for snowboard base repair), locked the store and ran across the parking lot to the department store.

Knowing the store well, I grabbed what I needed then scanned for open registers. One was taken up by a very large man in an electric cart, so I head over to the customer service desk. The clerk is there with a look I recognized all too well: He was having an issue with a customer and was doing his best to not let it show. I asked politely if his register was open and he says, "Err...yes...sort of, but..."

"Waiting on a customer to come back?" He nods and I'm off to the other register, still keeping an eye on the service desk. A woman comes rushing up with a purchase, apologizing (though not to me whom she's actually holding up). He takes care of her before my line has moved an inch, so I head over to customer service again.

I give him a knowing look and now we're cool. He rings it up then asks, "and will you be wanting your change today?"

It took me a second, then hit me. "That's brilliant! Mind if I use that?" I can see that being very handy to catch people off guard with.

Sounds like he has another job as a waiter somewhere, and has been working some looooong hours!
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

heeheehee! Been there, done that!
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
      X