This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom, almost an SC

Today my mom went shopping for a cake. I tagged along to use the local coinstar machine. For those unfamiliar, you dump in your loose change, get a voucher which you have to cash in with one of the local cashiers. I ended up with almost $5 in pennies, nickels and dimes.

So when I went to redeem my voucher, the cashier accidentally rang up my voucher with someone else's purchases. I was wondering why she was charging me $50 for groceries I wasn't buying. She needed to summon a manager to void the sale, and apologized twice. It was no big deal to me.

So afterwards my mom asked what took so long, even though it was only a couple of minutes. Inwardly groaning as I can already see where this is going, I relayed the story of the cashier mixup. Sure enough she said I should have complained, and made some kind of gimme grab. I shrugged it off, but she continued saying "time is money, money is time..." She might have been joking. Or she might not have. Either way I shut her down with a curt "drop it."

She wasn't actually an SC. But she definatly thinks like one.
    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Quoth Talon View Post
    I shrugged it off, but she continued saying "time is money, money is time..." She might have been joking. Or she might not have. Either way I shut her down with a curt "drop it."
    In instances like that, ask them to tell you how much you owe them.

Rapscallion

Comment

Oh for goodness sakes. It's an honest mistake that I've been guilty of more than once (on both ends!). I certainly don't think freebie grabs would have solved anything.

Comment

Working...
      X