This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    And considering this is a UTA sighting, that is saying a lot.
    Serious question that doesn't sound serious at all:

What is the relationship between the UTA and SLUT? You mention LDS which makes me think of SLUT but I've never heard of SLUT and UTA mentioned together.

I'll leave it to the reader to figure out what I'm referring to.

Comment

Quoth tphillip View Post
      Serious question that doesn't sound serious at all:

What is the relationship between the UTA and SLUT? You mention LDS which makes me think of SLUT but I've never heard of SLUT and UTA mentioned together.

I'll leave it to the reader to figure out what I'm referring to.
      I can think of several things... one there is the slut who always rides the bus (sadly I've ended up on the same bus as her several times now for those who remember my older sightings).
      Also Sl,UT is another one (a very popular t-shirt now )
      also, at one point it was suggested (and I wish I was making this up) that the light rail system (currently known as TRAX) be called Salt Lake Urban Transit (S.L.U.T.)
      and finally, that is one of the many insults hurled at the UTA Chairman John Inglish (the hatred of him I must say is justified... he's both incompetent and over paid... he was the mastermind behind cutting service south of 5400 south and making sure that no bus line continues past TRAX, that is you want to go past TRAX you need to wait for a connecting bus).
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
        A friend and I were riding the T into Boston from Alewife, a trip that put us through maybe 8 stops or so before we were to get off. The automated announcements coming over the PA were going in the opposite direction.
        Yeah, the robots do tend to get lost more often than the humans.

I see that a lot; either the LED signs and announcements (when they work) are still programmed for the opposite direction, or they're 4-5 stops ahead of the actual train.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Revive the Kingston Trio!
          "Well, did he ever return? No, he never returned and his fate is still unlearned."

Actually, TRAX uses an automated announcement system that the operator is *supposed* to monitor. I heard several mis-aanouncements get corrected. Perhaps the operator was texting their fanboyz?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post

Actually, TRAX uses an automated announcement system that the operator is *supposed* to monitor. I heard several mis-aanouncements get corrected. Perhaps the operator was texting their fanboyz?
            I always thought that it was prerecorded but they controlled them manually

and TRAX drivers texting... that thought is scary... UTA operators are scary enough when they pay attention

oh and YAY ANOTHER SLCCSer
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Just behave when you shop at Smurf's Marketplace ... my older daughter is a checker there and I have sent your photo to her... because I have "reverse video" on my computer. (ancien regime joke from text BBS days)

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                also, at one point it was suggested (and I wish I was making this up) that the light rail system (currently known as TRAX) be called Salt Lake Urban Transit (S.L.U.T.)
                I'm disappointed it isn't called Salt Lake Urban Transit.

"I'm riding the SLUT!"
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

New "True" Urban Legend: SLUT was not used because the 'brethren' thought it referred to slot machines, and Utahns only patronize those in Nevada.

Comment

Working...
                  X