Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forget, is latex vegan or not? The lambskin ones definitely aren't, but the polyurethane ones probably are.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
      I forget, is latex vegan or not? The lambskin ones definitely aren't, but the polyurethane ones probably are.
      Latex comes from the sap of a tree, and the powder used on unlubricated condoms is either talc (mineral) or cornstarch. Polyurethane is a 100% artificial material. In both cases, the only place where animal products might be used is in the lube (glycerine comes from fats/oils, with no guarantee whether a particular batch is from animal or plant sources).
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

RK, I had the same thoughts.

The sun's out on my side of the gutter. Stop on over!!
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Latex itself (other than allergies) is harmless -- but there are actually condoms and other things that have dairy products in them as well apparently (I've never seen them -- but I've heard there are).

So technically -- if a person has a milk allergy.... and they use a condom.....

Comment

Just to point out that oil-based lubes are Bad News for latex condoms. Water-based ones are all you'll find on one in the packet.

Comment

Just to point out that oil-based lubes are Bad News for latex condoms. Water-based ones are all you'll find on one in the packet.
              Hence why you shouldn't use vaseline. *nods sagely*
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
              X