Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wal-Mart suck (I can't say I'm surprised really)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart suck (I can't say I'm surprised really)

So my dad and I were in the dreaded Wal-Mart, as he lost/misplaced my cell phone charger that I usually keep at his place.

There's a old woman at the Electronics register getting in the face of the cashier and other customers. The manager who is ringing us up asks the cashier what the problem is. The lady bought something and wanted to return it...but, she reasons that since they didn't have the exact widget in stock that she should be able to get a better one for the same price as the old one (about a $20 difference)

I didn't see what the widget was, but I suspect she bought it, used it and then saw there was a better one out there.

Even so, why not just do an exchange and pay the difference? ...oh wait, that's what a normal person would do. The entities that frequent this particular WM are not normal by any definition.

We left as things were getting interesting, but I did overhear the poor manager say: "Take care of it, just do what you have to to get her out of our face."
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    We left as things were getting interesting, but I did overhear the poor manager say: "Take care of it, just do what you have to to get her out of our face."
    Which is why SCs continue to behave like this.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

That is what I was surprised at.

Comment

Sadly the "do what they want and get them out of here" mentality of our managers here gives customers the idea to pass on this bit of wisdom to their friends. GRRRR!!
        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

ah walmart all the stupid people you can see there. let me list my top three for you

number 3: the man thinking nobody will notice him trying to steal clothes by putting them over his normal clothes in the dressing room and trying to walk out the door with all the tags still on them.

number 2: the woman thinking that its absolutely idiotic to have to scan an object more then once for self check out and the machine not knowing she was buying five of the item in her basket

and number 1: those people that actually follow the 'funny things to do at walmart' joke list daily. this includes the sneaking down isles humming the mission impossible theme all the way to putting a bag of M&Ms on layaway while already having another bag on layaway (don't ask not even i know how he pulled that one off)
          there is always reason to my unreasonable madness! even if its just being tired of reason

Comment

If that thing was getting in other customers' faces and it was mine I would have calmly and quiety said, "If you don't get out of my face my Size 13 is going right in your ass and you're gonna need the Fire Dept. to pull that son of a bitch out!"

Comment

It was on the other "leg" of the U-shaped counter, I think my dad was waiting for her to get in our faces. I was halfway expecting the lady to start off on some "Don't buy anything here, they'll rip you off!" rant to all and sundry.

Comment

wtf.
                i did something similar once... returned an MP3 CD player to Planet Music that wasn't working well, for a better (more expensive) unit... the store didn't really want to do it, but when they realized i was more than willing to pay the difference for the better player, they let me do the exchange.

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
                  Sadly the "do what they want and get them out of here" mentality of our managers here gives customers the idea to pass on this bit of wisdom to their friends. GRRRR!!

And also seems to preclude picking up the phone "Hello? Security?..."
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

This "lady" was not at all willing to pay the difference, that is where it devolved into suck.

Comment

I don't see why she'd think she would get what she wanted without paying the difference in this instance.

However, exchanges like this DO happen in one circumstance I'm aware of.

Computer Hard Drives

Let's say you have 100GB hard drive that breaks and is still under warranty, so you send it back to the manufacturer. They send you a new one, but when you get it, you find out they don't MAKE the 100GB hard drive anymore, and you're sitting there staring at a shiny new 200GB Hard Drive!

Happens ALL the time. If they don't have the same one that you sent them anymore, they just send you the next one up. Sometimes, you'll get a 120GB as a replacement for a 100GB, but I know at least one person that got a 200GB as a replacement for an 80GB
                      <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Yep, that happened to me once - I got a 20GB Seagate as a replacement for a 10GB unit.

But another time, I got a later model of a 40GB IBM back for a failed 40GB - and the later model didn't officially *have* a 40GB variant. I think it was really a 60GB unit that had been derated to 40GB to match what I'd paid for. Bah.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                          An appropriate answer to that would be: "Has the back room been cleared out yet? Last time I checked, we were running out of space to put the bodies."

After all, that would get her out of their face.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I have seen my own share of walmart suck. In electronics department, line is long, only one worker, one cashier in that department running, and what does person in front of me have the nerve to do. Check out an entire cart full of merchandise right at that checkout, rather than checkout just the electronic department purchases right there, then go up to the front tills to check out the remainder of the cart, like a normal person would do.

I really wish all of the various department checkouts, other than the front checkouts, would have a 5-10 non-department item checkout limit. I have no problem with purchasing 1-2 non-department items at any checkout, as long as I was also purchasing something that belongs in that department, or when the cashier at that department is NOT busy.

Comment

Quoth caitsith2 View Post
                              I have seen my own share of walmart suck. In electronics department, line is long, only one worker, one cashier in that department running, and what does person in front of me have the nerve to do. Check out an entire cart full of merchandise right at that checkout, rather than checkout just the electronic department purchases right there, then go up to the front tills to check out the remainder of the cart, like a normal person would do.

I really wish all of the various department checkouts, other than the front checkouts, would have a 5-10 non-department item checkout limit. I have no problem with purchasing 1-2 non-department items at any checkout, as long as I was also purchasing something that belongs in that department, or when the cashier at that department is NOT busy.

I feel the same way. a couple thing, fine, no big deal. There's no reason you should have to walk half a mile to the front of the store, stand in a line just as long, just so you can check-out ONE item, when they are perfectly capable of doing it.
                              (Like say... when I was at Wal-Mart and bought a video game and a case of beer... I ain't standing in two lines just for this!)

but, an entire CART of items? pfft.... start hoofing it!
                              <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Working...
                              X