This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth draftermatt View Post
    Roads are covered with ice, car driving slow (a little too slow granted but still)
    Not for the person driving that car! I'd rather them go a little too slow than too fast. Especially if they're like me and really have no business out on that crap in the first place.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      Not for the person driving that car! I'd rather them go a little too slow than too fast. Especially if they're like me and really have no business out on that crap in the first place.
      The people who drive 10mph in a 55 are driving too slow, they tend to not have their hazards on or anything, so when you're doing 45 (right for the conditions), you come right up on them. They are a HUGE hazard then.

Of course, last snow fall we had almost 60 people in the ditch on a 30 mile stretch of the highway. It's Alaska people, it does this white stuff every year.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Not for the person driving that car! I'd rather them go a little too slow than too fast.
        Still, it is annoying. I don't know about most people, but it always pisses me off...to be stuck behind some idiot doing 15mph on a *perfectly clear road* I mean, I'm in first gear already, and if I go much slower than that, I'll either stall the car out, or have to slam on the brakes...neither of which is an ideal situation...
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Here we have the idiot drivers, plus since it's a small town, the high school kids all have their one or two main parking lots they like to hang out at, including the one at my store. So you get that many high school kids in one place with that many pickups.... well they just GOTTA spin cookies in the parking lot. It would just be a waste of a perfectly good icy lot not to, right? They like to add special rules into it too, like "Let's see how loud we can rev our engine" or "Let's see how dangerously close we can get to other vehicles."

Which would be bearable if the cops here actually DID THEIR JOB and patrolled the main drag that the lot is on, but I've only seen ONE kid get busted for it in damn near 30 years of life.
          Think. It's not illegal yet.

Comment

Quoth TravisRB69 View Post
            So you get that many high school kids in one place with that many pickups.... well they just GOTTA spin cookies in the parking lot. It would just be a waste of a perfectly good icy lot not to, right?
            I went to school with a kid who did that. He had a brand-new Dodge Dakota pickup, that he'd spent many months and hard-earned dollars repainting, lowering, and tricking-out. Well, one afternoon, he was in the high school parking lot, doing doughnuts, and sliding around...when he overcooked it a bit. He slid his brand-new ride...into one of the light poles Needless to say, most of his hard work was undone. Oops.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              I understand, which is why I said what I did. But 5 MPH is a little ridiculous. Especially when the people behind you are sliding around more from constantly having to slam on their brakes every time they sped up to 15 MPH and then slowed back down to 5.

Comment

Quoth TravisRB69 View Post
                So you get that many high school kids in one place with that many pickups.... well they just GOTTA spin cookies in the parking lot.
                Hubby and I took the Jeep to a large, empty parking lot one winter shortly after we were married, since he grew up (and learned to drive) in Texas, where it snows every third year. He deliberately spun out the Jeep a few times so he could get the hang of pulling back out of it, but we made sure to find as empty a lot as we could, and were careful not to get too close to anything. My mom's done doughnuts in large, empty lots before as well, for practice.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                X