Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Use Yours When You're Done With It?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Use Yours When You're Done With It?

This will not be a gross thread, I promise. Cross my Nobody existance and hope to die.

Two sightings within 23 hours of each other...I must be good! Or cursed...

I finally finished my Xmas shopping yesterday, at BB&B, and had a 20% coupon I intended to use. It was, believe it or not, pretty slow yesterday. One register was open, and it was me and another woman.

As I'm paying for my things I pass over the coupon to the cashier. The lady behind me lights up.

Playas:

Me: A-durr.
    WCB: Whiny Coupon Bitch
    C: Cashier

WCB: Oh, you've got that coupon! Can I use it? I left mine at home.
    Me: Sorry, it's kind of late now. I've already given it.
    WCB: But can I use it when you're done?
    Me:....no....
    C:...I'm...pretty sure coupons don't work that way...
    WCB: But I forgot mine at home! Can I just use yours?
    Me: Then what am I supposed to use?
    WCB: I think you can afford to be without one.

Let me pause here to say I had two things with me in the line: chocolate covered pretzels, and a spoon rest that clips to a pot handle. She had one thing: a tablecloth that had already been marked down by 25%. I did mental math in my head; hers was cheaper than mine by a whole $2.

Me: I don't think you really have a say in that matter.
    WCB: I said I NEED that coupon. I DEMAND you give it to me.

Cashier has now handed me my receipt and change. My stuff's all bagged up.

Me: *trying to hide the grin that tugged at my lips* Sorry, but that coupon's entered the point of no return now.
    WCB: Fine. Be happy; you've just ruined Christmas. And YOU *pointing at the cashier* have just lost a customer for not forcing her to give me that coupon.

She drops the tablecloth and storms out, stomping right past a stack of flyers, all with the same coupon she insisted I give her printed on the back...

That makes, what, 3? 4 Christmases I've ruined while off the clock? Go me! *victory punch*

Man..

How do these people survive daily life???

Comment

I am so glad it's not just me that gets random people coming up and demanding I give them stuff! I know your pain Nash.
      "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
        This will not be a gross thread, I promise.
        Aw, and I had such hopes of having company in my gutter today. *pout*
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Aw shucks. You acted so normal. And here I was hoping you'd start laughing loud and heartily for a few minutes just to embaress her.

I know that sounds silly, but the image of you laughing loud and heartily really brightened my mood.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

That woman most certainly needed a victory punch.

Lesses here... I can have to audacity as the cashier to force a paying customer to give up their coupon or let you walk out and lose a sale... hmm tough choice there. The sense of entitlement some people have never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

WCB: I said I NEED that coupon. I DEMAND you give it to me.
              ooo the responses that come to mind.... most of which i shouldn't really print here...

still, they're all along the lines of "get lost", "screw you" or just laughing my ass off at her. Especially after the "ruined christmas" comment. ... tho in a case like this... laughing would probably be the most fun... and most likely to set her off (which would mean even more fun and laughter).

now sure, my mom loves giving out her coupons that she can't use.. but yeah, no one's been stupid enough to DEMAND them from her, let alone demand the one's she's using.

!!!!

Comment

I'm starting to wish I got more sightings. This was funny.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I would have a really hard time not laughing at her..
                  In fact, I guarantee that I probably would have laughed, a lot, and loudly in her face

Comment

My response would be something to the effect of:

"You fail. No one cares if your christmas is ruined. Go home, grab your coupon, some maturity and accountability and maybe if you're lucky enough, you can have a decent christmas. You are the weakest link, goodbye!"
                    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X