X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Workers and Stupid Customers

First posting, yay!

Anyhoo, while I don't strictly work customer service myself (being a camp counselor and being able to control the kids I deal with), I've had the opportunity to run into SCs elsewhere.

While standing in line in one of the many grocery stores around where I live, a woman walks up to the end of the line and starts asking questions. I only heard her because I'm usually acutely aware of everything around me. It was clear she was trying to ask someone a question, but I was unsure as to who.

Suddenly, she starts yelling at the cashier (who was very clearly paying attention only to the customer she was working with at the time) about how she should pay attention when someone is asking her a question. Keep in mind this lady was a good 10 feet away and behind the dividers (the ones between the registers that are usually made up of coolers or shelves with candy and gum).

So, the cashier looks up, completely surprised, as this woman continues yelling something about the toys and not being paid attention to and how the cashier isn't doing her job. She then storms away without getting an answer to her question.

The best part about this was the fact that everyone in the cashier's line (which was about 6 people) all speak up to the cashier's defense with things like "I didn't even realize she was talking to you" and "if she complains, I'll act as a witness" and such. It was pretty cool.
    Last edited by Strathclyde; 12-22-2008, 07:50 AM.
Working...
X