This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky WoW freaks

So the servers went down for maintenance at about 3am last night, and Blizzard mentions something about putting them back up at about 11am today. Then, they say it's going to take 2 extra hours, and it's the end of the freaking world. Look at the general forum on their website, and you'll find, like twenty topics complaining about it. For what they have to do to keep a game this size going, I'd say 10 hours is damn good for maintenance. On the other hand, it's probably like being told you have to wait ten hours to breathe for some of these people.
    All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

A new free mmo

Lol at WoW nutcases. Last time the game went down for maintenance, my brother went ape. I lol'ed and told him to get with the program. There's a new free mmo out there and it's awesome. Huge, explorable world. PvP or PvE environment, literally billions of NPC's. Fully deformable environment, vehicles, all the weapons you could shake a stick at. Missions galore, and did I mention it was free? So, he asks "What is it, some new EQ or Guild Wars expansion?" I lol'ed again and told him "No, it's called 'Go outside.' Now go outside and quit whining about WoW." He didn't talk to me for a week.
    Last edited by Jack Doe; 12-23-2008, 07:37 PM. Reason: Edit: Woohoo, 100 Posts!

Comment

Awesome one, Jack Doe.

Unfortunately, it's not limited to WoW. The CoH forums are pretty uptight if servers go down on a Tuesday for patching, even though it's only about...... 30-60 minutes unless a huge patch.
      Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Happens in eve also, greatest part is there was one american dude that was throwing a fit because the time of server up is GMT (Grenweich time aka... brittan!) and he was all caps mad because it was well after the posted time for General montian time!
        Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
        pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

haha, I don't get upset, but my only day off is always Tuesdays so I'm always about it, but don't get upset. Sucks it lasted another two hours, but that just meant I browsed the boards for longer.

Football this week was a good one for me, so no one's gonna break-a my stride!

Comment

Quoth Arcade Man D View Post
            Awesome one, Jack Doe.

Unfortunately, it's not limited to WoW. The CoH forums are pretty uptight if servers go down on a Tuesday for patching, even though it's only about...... 30-60 minutes unless a huge patch.
            I wish I could take credit for this, but I saw it on the Something Awful forums and used for my own ends. Still, worked like a charm!
            Last edited by Jack Doe; 12-26-2008, 10:33 PM.

Comment

it was the same for EQ too.

only RPG i play now is Ancient Anguish but it's lot less than 100 people on it at any given time. not a lot of people want to play a text-based online game.

Comment

In my day you didn't get fancy scheduled down times and updates on when things would be working again. They were down when they were down and frackin lived with it!

That being said...DEAR GOD YOU HOSEBEASTS LET ME PLAY!!!! I already have enough of the universe crapping on me without WoW and my internet breaking up. Let me murder people for just a couple hours so I can be all smiley and act like my house isn't falling apart around me for christmas.

And because I'm sure someone is going to tell me to go outside...we hit -30 this week and it's slicker then a scamming SC's greasy hair with a spineless manager. I am not leaving my house except for submitting to the torture of family gatherings.

Also for those wondering, I have Comcast...
                "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Gee, that sounds bad. Want me to send you something nice? *looks at the pile of WoW merchandise*... I get those every year, dunno where to put it...
                  http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                  Melody Gardot

Comment

Par for the course. Any time maintanence lasts even a bit longer than expected, people complain. Hell, any time it doesn't consist of a quick restart, people rant and complain.

So sayeth a veteran of the WoW Cust. Service forum.
                    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Saddly I can understand them... Customerssuck.com is my vice, and the other day when we had that small down I almost had a panic attack... good thing I remember Raps' signature (if the forum goes down we'll get it back up somehow) and it gave me some hope (I beleive in you raps). Still those where terrible moments for me
                      I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

I admit both this site and WoW got me through being stuck in the warm computer room, when the rest of the house was freezing due to my furnace being out.
                        All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Comment

Well, we could always try distracting them with this lovely bit of news: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=39993 Hint that they're perpetuating the bad stereotype.
                          "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

When I played WoW I never complained about normal patch times. Though it was usually when I had the most time to play. I'd gripe a bit (just to my R/L friends) if it took too much longer than normal, because dammit I needed my fix. Now if the server went down unexpectedly, I'd be annoyed, if only because it only seemed to happen when my guild was doing a frakkin' raid.
                            Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                              not a lot of people want to play a text-based online game.
                              Funny part, I still play the first online RPG I ever heard of: Nightmist

those were the days lol, I dont remember them ever having server down time tho....
                              Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                              pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Working...
                              X