This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phone Suck - Sighted myself :(

In my defense, our company did a last minute, two week layoff (Merry Christmas!), and has been randomly calling employees and PERMANENTLY laying people off. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who is cut next. Needless to say, every time my cell rings and I see my boss' number, I jump!

Anyway, I'm at the grocery yesterday purchasing what little I can afford with said layoff, and I'm shopping during my usual off-peak time. I'm also at the self-check out for large orders.

I'm so used to shopping during off-peak times that there is NEVER anyone waiting behind me. In fact, there's usuallty several other lanes open.

Keep in mind, this is a grocery/discount store chain called Meijer, so at christmas time it usually sucks just to grocery shop.

I'm almost at the end of my scanning when my cell phone rings. I typically glance at it and let it roll to voicemail. Lo and behold it was her. Not thinking, I snatched it up and said 'Hey, whats up?' as my heart was pounding.

I had also frozen in my tracks and held my breath.

Turns out she just wanted to see if I could work some extra hours during the layoff (WTF?), which is a blessing in disguise. I happily agreed and hung up.

Then I seemed to gain my composure and remember where I was, and glanced behind me to see a lady waiting patiently. I was APPALLED at myself!!!

I apologized profusely and, although it was probably TMI, explained briefly why I answered the phone.

She was very sweet about it, but I still felt like a dirtbag. I hurredly finished my transaction, and quickly threw my stuff in bags and left. Normally I'm a picky-packer, but I couldn't stand to let her wait any longer.

I feel better just getting it out!
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Suck? Where?
    Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

You are a terrible, terrible person... no wait what was the opposite of terrible again?

Seriously, your too nice. I think most of the people on this board have that problem.
      http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
      Melody Gardot

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. I just know if I was that woman, and someone in the self-check out ahead of me stopped to answer her cell phone and FROZE in the process, I'd be staring daggers at her.

But you're right. If I was a true SC, I wouldn't have given a damn for holding up the line and inconveniencing others.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Job > Some silly lady who should've gone to another line.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I don't see any suck at all. It seemed to be a quick call not like you were dictating your memoirs, then there would be suckage.
            Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
            pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

no suck
              you took a business call in public...

and since you said the company is laying off temp/perm and they called you to ask you to work more hours... i've a feeling that ignoring the call could have been bad for you.

so yeah no suck

Comment

Working...
              X