Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Order early + faster shipping = waiting for delivery!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are recieving the product, your bank will probably not support you in a chargeback. You did get what was ordered, after all. Your best recourse would be to seek a refund for the 2-day shipping from the company you ordered it from, since they did not expidite the shipping as contracted.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Other posters have a good point. When did the company actually ship the package? If UPS was delayed due to weather, then it isn't the companies fault, although I would hope they'd realize why the package was delayed and point it out to you. If you're looking for reimbursement of 2-day freight charges, talk to the company politely and I see no reason why they can't accommodate you. Our own company isn't informed when a package is delayed with UPS. A customer will call for a tracking number and that's when we find out a flight was delayed for mechanical problems. Whoever is paying the freight is who asks for reimbursement on freight charges. For example, if a customer has us send a package collect, then UPS bills them directly and they should take issue with UPS.

If the company shipped late, well good luck getting an answer. It could be they were out of stock, or your order slipped under a stack of papers only to be found later, or someone mis-keyed information, or the warehouse was snowed in from a blizzard, etc. There are many reasons things get messed up and truthfully, you won't care what the reason is because you're still upset. How the company takes care of you from here is what you'll really remember.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
        Would it have killed em to at least send an email?

"Dear blahblah

<Snippage>

Lots of love and fluffy huggles

UPS"
        Rads,

If I *ever* receive an email from a company ending in Lots of love and fluffy huggles I think I'll demand a new computer chair, monitor and keyboard!
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

It wasn't UPS. It was the company. It is an order that needs to be processed (photo book). What I am 99% certain what happened is they guarantee delivery if you order by X date w/standard shipping. In order for those orders placed on the last day with the longer shipping time to make it on time, they must be processed and shipped out first. That pushed those of us who selected quicker shipping down the list to be done (even those who ordered sooner) because the faster shipping I paid for meant they could take longer and it would still get there on time. Otherwise, if they had gone in order of when the orders were placed, my book would have been at my apartment on Tuesday at the latest.

If I had realized it would have been such an issue, I would have just gotten it shipped to my mom's. But I never thought it would be, seeing the (slightly) earlier order-placement and the faster delivery option.

I never got a call back from a supervisor. However when I got back to my apartment tonight, I discovered an email for a refund processed. The full amount. Wowzers. I really was only going to ask for a refund in the shipping because I paid more for shipping than I needed to, seeing as it was guaranteed to reach me by the date I got it regardless of what shipping method I had picked and paid for.

Oh, and it was all worth it. My mom LOVED the book.

Comment

Glad your mom loved the book.

Generally, the "guarantee" is that if it doesn't arrive in time, they will refund the shipping cost. Some will refund the entire shipping cost, some will only refund the difference between the expedited and ground (standard). If it's the same store that I am thinking of, they do great work and are really good about customer satisfaction.

Comment

Working...
            X