This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Office Suck

First, let me just say that my post office sucks. They really do. The line is always huge, they never have enough windows open, they put the "you have a package" card in my box instead of putting the package in a large box and leaving me a key, so I get to wait in the horrid line instead of getting in and out. I could go on, but wont.

That being said, the post office didn't suck this time. Late Bitch did.

LB=late Bitch

POC=Post Office Cronie

The post office was supposed to close the clerk windows at 3 PM today. I got there at 3:20 to check my box and get some stamps from the machine. There is still a line for the windows but they have it roped off so that no new people can get in line and make them any later than they already are. Cue LB, stage right.

LB: I need this package!! I've been trying to get it for two days!! You people are always closed by 6!!

POC: Ma'am, we've been open until 5:30 every evening, if you've been coming after that of course we were closed.

LB: I was told to be here by 3:00 today to get it! I'm here! I need the package or..............<wait for it>....................it will ruin my kids Christmas!!!!!!!

POC: Ma'am, it is 20 after 3. We said by 3. I am under no obligation to do this but I want your kids to have their presents. I'll be right back.

I left. LB got what she wanted and I can only hope that POC did it for the kids and not to shut this harpy up.

Happy Winter Solstice, everyone!!!!!
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Love it.

I assume everyone else was openly staring at the shrew, and shaking their heads at this point, right?
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Lack of time planning on her part doesn't constitute bending over backwards on your part.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

Love it.

I assume everyone else was openly staring at the shrew, and shaking their heads at this point, right?
        Pretty much.

My first reaction was that the post office had screwed up, since they have their own brand of suck. Once I started to listen to the exchange though I realized it was all her fault.

Comment

To be honest, I hate that my local post office closes by 5pm. I work until 5pm. If I have a package to pickup, I have to make a special trip over my lunch hour to pick it up. This location may be closer to my home, but it isn't close to work. I hate being forced to go to that post office. Still, it's better to pick up my packages there than have it stolen from my apartment. That's right, we have a package thief in our building
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I don't like the post office either. They never have enough windows open, even if there's a huge line. The reason for the line? Simple--too many damn people who want to shoot the breeze
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
              Ma'am, it is 20 after 3. We said by 3. I am under no obligation to do this but I want your kids to have their presents. I'll be right back.
              How much you wanna be her packages weren't really for her kids' Christmas?

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                How much you wanna be her packages weren't really for her kids' Christmas?
                Good chance of it.

Comment

Working...
                X