X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lying employee, and self sighting.

I was rude to a Radioshack employee, kinda insulted him too

But, this guy straight up LIED to me.

I went to Radio Shack to do an exchange on an incorrect item I got.
    (I needed a Playstation2 controller to USB adapter, but got a PS/2 Port to USB adapter by mistake [as a gift])

Now, a few notes:

-- The correct item is MADE by Radioshack, for Radioshack, and only sold AT Radioshack. (It actually has the Radioshack logo imprinted on it!)

-- The item is NOT and has NEVER BEEN discontinued.

So, here's how it went:

I take the incorrect item up to the counter, with the receipt, and tell him what I need instead.

RE = Radioshack Employee
    ME =

RE: "A what? There's no such thing."
    *Note, he didn't even try to look for it*
    Me: "Yea there is, it's for plugging a PS2 Controller into a computer."
    RE: "I've never heard of it."
    Me: "Really? it's a little black and blue box with a USB cable attached to it, it almost looks like a linksys network switch with a cord. I use to have one."
    RE *Talking to me like I'm an idiot*: "...Where did you get it?"
    Me *Returning the favor*: "Radio...shack..."
    RE *Dismissive tone*: "We've never carried anything like that."
    Me*Not yelling, just emphasizing*: "Yes you DO, Radioshack MAKES it."
    RE: "We've never had that."
    Me *Now I'm being rude: [Audible Sigh] "Stop lying" (said partly under my breath). "Just give me my damn money back then."

I get my refund, and leave.

Went up the street to a different Radioshack, asked the guy there if they had it. Of course, he finds one in about 15 seconds... Bought it, and went home
    Last edited by Lingering Grin; 12-30-2008, 07:17 AM.
    <Insert clever signature here>

Did you go back to the other store (if it was on your way home) and shove it in his face and show him how wrong and lazy he is?
    "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
      Did you go back to the other store (if it was on your way home) and shove it in his face and show him how wrong and lazy he is?
      Wouldn't have done any good, he'd have just claimed she bought it elsewhere...
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Even with the RS logo? ...ok, the salesguy could have claimed he added it
        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 12-30-2008, 11:33 PM.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

*cough* I'm a dude *cough*
          <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Uggh. You weren't sucky at all in my opinion.

And I totally would have gone back to his store with receipt in hand just to show him. Thing is, he still probably wouldn't have cared.

This reminds me of a story with my dad.

He had a six cylinder 1985 Chevy Custom Deluxe truck.

He took it to get serviced at a dealer, where the head mechanic there proceeded to tell him in a very obnoxious way that they didn't make that model in a six cylinder.

At that point, my dad brings him over to his truck, lifts the hood, and says something to the effect of "Those little wires there. They go to the spark plugs that go to the cylinders, right? Let's count...1..2..3..4..5...6."

Unfortunately, I don't remember what happened after that.
            Last edited by Lachrymose; 12-30-2008, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
              At that point, my dad brings him over to his truck, lifts the hood, and says something to the effect of "Those little wires there. They go to the spark plugs that go to the cylinders, right? Let's count...1..2..3..4..5...6."
              Now that was freaking awesome

If you really want to have fun....take a vehicle that has *multiple* spark plugs per cylinder over there--Alfa Romeo "Twin Sparks," the 1920s American-LaFrance fire engine at the Cape May, NJ museum, etc. Bet that would blow his mind...especially since the fire engine has *3* plugs per cylinder! Two fire on the ignition, the third is fired by a magneto.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I think I'd have been tempted to return to RS1, receipt from RS2 in hand, ask for the manager, and explain what his employee had told me, and show him the receipt from a different store where I happily purchased the "non-existant" item.

Most managers, I think, like to know if their staff are being unhelpful.

Comment

Car dealership mechanic failure no longer surprises me. Back in the 80s, I had a six-cylinder (Renault engine) Volvo. It was not easy to tune. I bought it used, then took it to the dealer when it was due for a tune-up, as I knew the average mechanic would not be able to do it right. Result: EPIC fail. It ran horribly rough, so I took it to a chain tune-up place, where they were at least able to adjust it enough so that it ran decently, although not well.

Shortly thereafter, I found a card stuck on my window for a Volvo mechanic. Turned out the guy worked out of his home garage. After talking to the guy, I felt comfortable leaving my car with him, as he was straightforward about the difficulties involved with the car engine I had. I got the car back running better than ever. He didn't have the computers the dealership did, and actually tuned it by ear. Now, that's a mechanic!
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Was that the B28 or the B280 engine? The B28 is basically a V8 with two cylinders lopped off. The B280 is nicer and more reliable - I think it was introduced in '87.

Comment

I remember those Volvos! Dad had one, a '79 264GL. Nice car, silky-smooth engine, would cruise all day at 90mph...usually without my mother knowing it, meaning trips to Grandma's (60 miles away) were pretty damn quick Anyway, from what I remember, that car was a pain to tune, and because of that, was expensive to work on. Many owners were reluctant to spend the cash, and Dad was no exception. As a result, it never ran right. Odd, because my grandfather took care of it, and it gave him no trouble...

Interesting fact about that engine...it was also used in Peugeots and a certain time-traveling silver car...
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                        Was that the B28 or the B280 engine? The B28 is basically a V8 with two cylinders lopped off. The B280 is nicer and more reliable - I think it was introduced in '87.
                        It must have been the B28, as I believe it was a 1984 model.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

the third is fired by a magneto
                          They put Erik Lehnsherr in the engine??

But back on topic... I'd recommend talking to the manager at the store the sucky RS guy works at. I mean it's one thing to have them say "This part doesn't exist" when... it doesn't exist in their catalogue but exists elsewhere, but to say that it doesn't exist when it's their own brand... That's just driving away customers and I don't think they need to do that in this day & age.

Comment

Working...
                          X