This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
    Sadly, we were also told not to accept the 1st 'no'. We had to get 3 'no's before we were supposed to give up. If you said 'Remove me from your list' -- we would, but when we got a new list from the bank, your number would be on it again, and we would call you again. The magic words were 'Put me on your Do Not Call list'.
    This is not meant as a personal attack -- I'm sure you're the nicest, most decent person on the planet.

But this is why people hate telemarketers.

(1) Not listening/accepting that the customer has said no and requiring them to say it THREE times before you give up.

(2) Requiring them to say the magic words before you put them on the DNC list when the context of their telling you "remove me from your list" means exactly the same thing.

Telemarketers who play games with customers whose intent and meaning are perfectly clear really have no grounds to gripe when they get abused by customers who feel harrassed.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      And yeah, the Rejection Hotline would be good as well, although someone did once suggest finding the number of another telemarketing company and giving that out.
      The number I usually give out is in all likelihood no longer in existence (old college number from 3+ years ago, the dorm extensions are not reused).

Interestingly, once I changed my credit card contact # to my cell, all associated telemarketing calls stopped.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I witnessed this today. Not a telemarketer, just a jerk. I was in EB games, buying some electronic entertainment, and the girl at the counter was on the phone. After she hung up she told the guy helping me that the guy had asked her if they price matched. She said it's not a policy, and he hung up, just like that. The funny thing is that she was about to tell him they do it sometimes depending on the other store and the price. So maybe she could have helped him had he had manners!
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I find they only hang up when I say "Place me on your do not call list" and usually it's before I finish the word Do
          Otaku

Comment

i'm not sure why but... on mom's phone, many telemarketers appear as "Unavailable" of "out of area" but then ... the phone lists the phone number anyway. Maybe it's the caller ID plan mom has.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              i'm not sure why but... on mom's phone, many telemarketers appear as "Unavailable" of "out of area" but then ... the phone lists the phone number anyway. Maybe it's the caller ID plan mom has.
              Mine does the same thing if it has the number but not the name.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
              X